As i can delete yellow contours ?

DayMasterDayMaster Join Date: 2013-07-22 Member: 186277Members
Help me please.
I play aliens and i not like yellow contours around monsters.
As i can delete this contours???
On oficial video http://store.steampowered.com/app/4920/ all aliens are without yellow contours.
I want play as this video without yellow contours.
Help me please!

Comments

• PsiWarpPsiWarp Gifted Gorge Richmond, B.C., Canada Join Date: 2010-08-28 Member: 73810Members
    edited July 2013
    You mean the yellow-orange outline around Kharaa players? That is known as Hive Sight, it lets you know where your teammates are when they're nearby.

Unfortunately there is no option to turn it off, as it is a core game mechanic.
  • DayMasterDayMaster Join Date: 2013-07-22 Member: 186277Members
    Why?
    Developers can add options that players can turn off or include this option.
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    Why would you want to turn it off? You don't want tactical superiority over the hoomanz?!
    The reason they are there is so you can see allies through walls, to promote teamplay in ambushing, following teammates etc.
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    r_gui 1 I believe it is will remove the HUD, might remove that too. Not sure
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited July 2013
    That trailer has no HuD for "cinematic purposes", playing without a HuD is not recommended as you also remove the crosshair and all the interactive menus to evolve and buy stuff from the armory. And I'm with AuroN2 on this one, why handicap yourself by removing one of the essential gameplay elements...
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    He might actually handicap others more than he handicaps himself
    Imagine this: You are behind a wall and there's a skulk on the roof in the next wall preparing to ambush someone, a marine walks in, he hops down, but he gets killed because you didn't fulfil the second part of the bargain, naturaly the marine doesnt expect you to be thre so you get the kill, but your fellow alien is displeased and etc etc.
    edited July 2013
    can i download mod where disabled yellow-orange outline around Kharaa players ?

• Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    There's no mod I know off that removes it, also it probably wouldn't get passed the consistency checks. I think it would need to either modify the lua or the shader, both of which aren't whitelisted on most servers...
    edited July 2013
    i not like yellow-orange outline because it does not look realistic.
    i watch trailer and buy game because i like the trailer on steam.
    if i know that in game not as trailer that i not buy this game.
    developers must do option that players who not like yellow-orange outline
    can turn off this.
  • current1ycurrent1y Join Date: 2003-12-08 Member: 24150Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    If you can bare it I would suggest trying to learn to live with it. It's rather important game play wise since the same trait allows you to see parasited marines though walls. Also, not trying to argue but the skulk model has pointy/knife like feet that can some how magically climb walls. Onos can pop out of eggs no bigger then what the skulk can barely fit into. Not every thing about the game needs to look realistic.
  • FrozenFrozen New York, NY Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72228Members, Constellation
    Personally I only think that friendly fire parasites should do this ;)

Quoting realism for me is not the reason. But it is interesting that THIS is the make-or-break on your realism immersion
  • PsiWarpPsiWarp Gifted Gorge Richmond, B.C., Canada Join Date: 2010-08-28 Member: 73810Members
    I wonder if it is possible to make Hive Sight outlines only appear on players behind geometry (like L4D). I can understand how he finds the outlines visually displeasing when his teammates are standing right next to him :P
  • MelancorMelancor Join Date: 2003-12-15 Member: 24415Members
    His point was not "please understand me" or "agree with me" lol
  • Mattk50Mattk50 Join Date: 2013-02-04 Member: 182824Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    He was making a point?