How to set waypoints?

UNihORNUNihORN Join Date: 2013-07-20 Member: 186228Members
like the title says,
how to set waypoints for my team? I was playing the practice mode as commander a couple of rounds now but am still not entirely positive about setting the waypoints. Do I have to click the spawn platform first to set them or is that only a thing when playing with bots?

Comments

• PsiWarpPsiWarp Gifted Gorge Richmond, B.C., Canada Join Date: 2010-08-28 Member: 73810Members
    edited July 2013
    There are 2 ways:

1. Select Infantry Portal to set rally point for newly spawned Marines.

2. Select each Marine (or as a group) and you will have 3 types of Waypoints: Move, Attack, and Defend.

You can also do a global alert for all players by clicking the button next to the Mini-map, then click anywhere you choose.
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    And option 3, theres a way to select ALL (alive) marines, there's a button you can click on the top left of the screen which has a marine icon and a number next to it, then give them all a waypoint at once. if they dont all die before you give it :) (cant sulect dead fings)
  • UNihORNUNihORN Join Date: 2013-07-20 Member: 186228Members
    AuroN2 wrote: »
    And option 3, theres a way to select ALL (alive) marines, there's a button you can click on the top left of the screen which has a marine icon and a number next to it, then give them all a waypoint at once. if they dont all die before you give it :) (cant sulect dead fings)
    PsiWarp wrote: »
    There are 2 ways:

1. Select Infantry Portal to set rally point for newly spawned Marines.

2. Select each Marine (or as a group) and you will have 3 types of Waypoints: Move, Attack, and Defend.

You can also do a global alert for all players by clicking the button next to the Mini-map, then click anywhere you choose.

thx for the help you two !
    One follow up question for PsiWarp about his second point,
    after I clicked one individual marine how exactly do I decide or choose between the three possibilities?

• PsiWarpPsiWarp Gifted Gorge Richmond, B.C., Canada Join Date: 2010-08-28 Member: 73810Members
    UNihORN wrote: »
    thx for the help you two !
    One follow up question for PsiWarp about his second point,
    after I clicked one individual marine how exactly do I decide or choose between the three possibilities?

No problem :)

The commander menu (bottom right corner) will show the icons for the three different waypoints. Just click and place where you see fit.