Bindable voice orders, commander keys, and more.

SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
edited October 2013 in Modding

Comments

• SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited July 2013
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited July 2013
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=161174571
    Forgot a few Alien orders, added those. Also added "Follow me" and "Acknowledged" to the Alien order menu.
    Also added an "All Clear" and "Acknowledged to Marine order menu.
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=161177540
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=161176435
    Though for some reason I can't figure out how to fix, the scroll list thing won't go any bigger so "Chuckle gets "cut off" in the binding options. It IS actually there I know that, but I can't figure out what file/where to edit to make that "scroll box" thing longer.

If any server admin is interested in running this, let me know, I haven't been able to test it fully as much as I would like to yet. (Stuff I can't do with one person.)
  • CuelCuel Join Date: 2013-01-22 Member: 181295Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    This a client mod?
    edited July 2013
    Server mod. Won't pass consistency, and no one else would hear your orders if it was client. (May get into official build though).
    edited July 2013
    BIG CHANGES/FIXES: I'll just give a general overview of what you can now do and what I have fixed.

Fixed/new: You can now bind "Join Marines", "Join Aliens", "Join Random Team", and "Spectate" to a key (just like in NS1)

Aliens and Marines now both have "Acknowledged", "Follow Me", and "All Clear" added to their voice over menus. Marine Menu Alien Menu

"Acknowledged" and "All Clear" will pop up on the commanders screen on the right side and you can use the space hotkey to go to the location.(pic)

ALL voiceovers are now BINDABLE. All the new bindable keys are changeable in the options menu (pic). I MAY change the default on those to fit better and be more optimized with the default key bindings, not my unusual ocnfiguration.

ALL binds now show up on the options menu, there is no longer a few cut off because the scroll box is not long enough.

You can now use "j3" or "joinrandomteam" in the console to join a random team (not sure why, but this was on the wiki as a command, but never was actually there/working AFAIK)

There is a problem with the game not wanting to use the mod's gamestrings/enUS.txt file, that's not a problem with the mod, but the game. If it gets into the official build it won't be an issue.
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    Can you make sure it won't replace the shine menu key? That is the only reason im not giving it a try at my server.
  • dePARAdePARA Join Date: 2011-04-29 Member: 96321Members, Squad Five Blue
    It should not replayce any keys. One was complaining on my server that his changed bindings totally messed up after joining.
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    Messed up things for me too. E.g. F1 was Choose Alien and Vote yes. So i want to get sure that i do not have explain all the ppl how to rebind their modmenu key.
    edited July 2013
    So change the Vote yes,Vote no back to F1 F2? It shouldn't mess up your bindings if they are already there.

I moved Vote Yes back to F1 Vote No back to F2 and moved Join Marines to F5 and Join Aliens to F6, Spectate is F7 and Random is F3.

If you already ran the mod you will need to rebind the keys, since it will already have those in there as what they were before. I guess I should have left Vote Yes/No what they were, but too late now.

Would you mind telling me what server you are running this on? I might drop by and check it out.
    Yeah more bugs me that i cant use my scroll wheel anymore to switch weapons. My server is called "Survival of the Fatest"
    Yeah more bugs me that i cant use my scroll wheel anymore to switch weapons. My server is called "Survival of the Fatest"

Oops, I forgot to change one value, and it happened to be the default value. Fixed.
    Can you maybe explain me how i bind weaponchange back to the scrollwheel?
    bind MouseZ NextWeapon should change it back. But if that fails you can always do this http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/130823/rebind-disable-your-middle-mouse-wheel-using-options-xml#latest
    As even though it should be changing it back, it might not for some reason I don't know. I got it to change back last night. Did you try running the mod? I have it so it resets the VoteYes VoteNo and NextWeapon.
    edited July 2013
    Had to edit the option file, neither the mod nor the command changed it. But now everthing is running as it should agin. Thank for your answer
    Sorry for the inconvenience :)
    edited July 2013
    Nah no problem at all, really like the mod and hope it will be added to vannila. Maybe make its name a bit shorter, because many ppl ask me for the new features^^.
    edited July 2013
    The mod will soon have the ability to have separate sensitivities for Marines and Aliens! http://steamcommunity.com/id/samusdroid/screenshot/920142672165890887
    You can also precisely set through the console like before with setmarinesens and setaliensens followed by a number.
    It appears to be working fine, but will clean up code and give it some more testing before uploading it.
    Hi there,
    if you want i would do the German translation, if you list all new values added by this mod .
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    Possible to create a box next to the slider with the actual sensitivity value? Should be there for all slider options in fact.
    Yeah a few have suggested that. I gotta fix it first though :P
    251 broke it. Will see what I can do.
    SamusDroid wrote: »
    Yeah a few have suggested that. I gotta fix it first though :P
    251 broke it. Will see what I can do.
    If possible maybe try to use hooks in future ;)
    edited July 2013
    Some/most of the files in this mod in particular you can't really.

Edit: seems to be fixed now.
    The only file which will be probably affected by a patch is Player_Client.lua. So using hooks there is maybe easier ;) Was just a suggestion.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/samusdroid/screenshot/920143492932542259
    You can now type in numbers to set sensitivity, as well as it displaying precisely what the sensitivity is at.
    There still people reporting overwritten or multiple binded keys.
    esc didnt work for some
    mousesense messed up

I repeat, this mod is really great but its a nogo that it overwrites keybindings from players or change mousesettings.
    @dePara sorry to hear that, but I don't see how it could be messing up things now. Yeah maybe if you already had something set to one of the default keys that were added, which you would just need to assign another key. Escape not working may just be because you accidentally assigned Escape to something else. Were they reporting the issues before last night? Because I fixed it so it doesn't set it to 1 anymore if that is what you are talking about. It sets the default sensitivity for both to what it was already.
    At the moment the mod is running smooth and there seems to be no more problems after last night patch.
    edited July 2013
    Later last night.
    Why is the mod resetting the mousesense to default? It took ages sometimes to find the correct sense.

This should NOT change any settings, just add new ones.
    I have no problems cause im using default keys and my mousesense is @ 1 cause i set it up over mousedriver.

But after playing 2 hrs today, multiple players have reported the issues from my last post.
    I repeat: Resetting mousesense and change the keybindings are not very popular.

btw. is every modupdate resetting things again?
    And it seems that the exo is using the aliensense.

edit: it seem i was using an older version, needs more testing.
    dePARA wrote: »
    Later last night.
    Why is the mod resetting the mousesense to default? It took ages sometimes to find the correct sense.

This should NOT change any settings, just add new ones.
    I have no problems cause im using default keys and my mousesense is @ 1 cause i set it up over mousedriver.

But after playing 2 hrs today, multiple players have reported the issues from my last post.
    I repeat: Resetting mousesense and change the keybindings are not very popular.

btw. is every modupdate resetting things again?
    And it seems that the exo is using the aliensense.

edit: it seem i was using an older version, needs more testing.

Most of this bugs are fixed and changes are made to your binding config: %Steam%/userdata/%userid%/4920/remote. So they shouldn't be reseted with any update.
    edited July 2013
    You must either have a conflicting mod, or have keys set to the default for the new keys, because I just tested and Exos use Marine sensitivity.
This discussion has been closed.