More defense options for Kahmm

BensonBenson Join Date: 2012-03-07 Member: 148303Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
The idea here is to give aliens something as effective as sentries for area deffence as whips are only good in melee range, or against Exos/Arcs (not very good considering marines are ranged by nature)

For Instance:

Start with a basic whip (melee range)
- Has a natural upgrade to allow bile-bomb type attack (how it is now)

Once matured:
- Has the option to change the bile-bomb to a spore bomb, for anti-marine attacks (for Tres)
- Also has the option to invest additional res to either increase attack speed

Alternatively:
- Matured whips have a naturally longer range on melee attacks and can hit multiple marines per hit (in a wide-ish line)
- Matured whip attacks are independant of each other (can throw bombs and attack in melee at the same time)

Comments

• BurdockBurdock Join Date: 2012-08-27 Member: 156553Members
    Effective as sentries.... HA!... comedy....

Anyway, I do agree that whips are a waist of Ress 90% of the time... But Im not sure if bile-bomb would be the best option
  • QwiXXeRQwiXXeR Join Date: 2004-11-05 Member: 32640Members
    Benson wrote: »
    - Matured whip attacks are independant of each other (can throw bombs and attack in melee at the same time)

I think whips do this now

• BensonBenson Join Date: 2012-03-07 Member: 148303Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Burdock wrote: »
    Effective as sentries.... HA!... comedy....

Anyway, I do agree that whips are a waist of Ress 90% of the time... But Im not sure if bile-bomb would be the best option

They already have bile-bomb, its called bombard. It has the same effect

I think a spore-bomb would be much more useful in almost all situations
  • It's Super Effective!It's Super Effective! Join Date: 2012-08-28 Member: 156625Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    Aliens have the gorge which by itself can hold back a few marines for a good amount of time.

Give the example of NS2_veil, where a gorge with few aliens could hold half the map easily against larger numbers.

In my opinion, marines need more defence options, marines have 3 turrets that can be blind sided, and costs a fair amount of res. and Nano shield which isn't as good as it was in it's former days.

Aliens already have clots which are free, hydras that don't require power and can be placed anywhere and bone wall, and in some sense rupture if used correctly.... AND whips which if done correctly and in numbers can insta-gib marines around a corner with a shade.
  • AegelWardAegelWard Join Date: 2003-09-12 Member: 20787Members
    Placed correctly, whips are an excellent deterrent against marines entering a room, buying aliens time to support it.

I'd say allow aliens to have a ranged class of commander built turret so long as the marines can build more than one battery per sector ;)
  • kalakujakalakuja Join Date: 2012-09-11 Member: 159045Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter
    Whips are actuaclly quite good. Kham could use some scouting tools, something along ns1's scs in vents. Now each and every shade can be spotted so easily.
  • ezekelezekel Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173589Members, NS2 Map Tester
    I think the less AI involved auto aim things in a game, the better
  • RadmanRadman Join Date: 2013-04-05 Member: 184656Members
    Sentries are the single worst part of playing tf2. Dont make them viable in NS2.

Turtling marines are probably the worst part of ns2 right now. Are you trying to create the same problem for aliens, or am i missing something...?
  • BensonBenson Join Date: 2012-03-07 Member: 148303Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    All I'm sayin is that being able to have the whip lob spore bombs instead of bile bombs would be actually usefull (especially now that they don't reflect nades).

Besides, one are covered in spores is hardly a threat....marines just move out of the way, which would be good for the role of area denial, which is what sentries are used for.

And hydras? Rush the gorge, then weld the hydras (they're flamable now so they die VERY fast)