Game is too frustrating

2»

Comments

• DestherDesther Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165195Members
    As good as Exos are, a lot of aliens players make the same mistakes which are easily rectified:
    Walking into marines at the start instead of waiting for marines to come to them and ambush.
    Losing lifeforms by playing too risky, especially Onos.
  • PaajtorPaajtor Join Date: 2012-11-09 Member: 168634Members
    Well, for the current Onos to have a chance, he needs at least 2 gorges healing his ass, and a lerk with umbra.
  • DestherDesther Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165195Members
    It isn't very fun to play Onos when you have to retreat before getting into melee range of any marine so I can understand why people lose them.
  • kk20kk20 Join Date: 2012-10-30 Member: 164592Members
    endgame onos is no different to start game skulk. Dont go in on your own. Onos make great meatshields whilst a lerk gases, fades do fadey thing and gorges heal/bile the power.
  • RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    I haven't evolved into onos for months. It's just horrendous, and also boring. I find lerk, fade, skulk and gorge play much more entertaining, and much more effective at winning games, too. I've lost count of the number of oni I've seen die without even getting a kill recently...
  • CrazyEddieCrazyEddie Join Date: 2013-01-08 Member: 178196Members
    Therius wrote: »
    Marines cannot bunnyhop.
    You will live a longer, less stressful life if, whenever someone says "bunnyhop" and you know they didn't really mean "bunnyhop", you instead just pretend that they said "hop like a bunny" and then go about your business as usual.
  • current1ycurrent1y Join Date: 2003-12-08 Member: 24150Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    edited August 2013
    Nailo wrote: »
    honestly, if skulks were real, I'd be running and jumping around like a madman to avoid it so I'm fine with the bunny hopping, I just move to keep up with them. ^_^ the best thing to do if you see an exo/arc train moving out, is to ignore it and push with your entire team to the enemy base and wreak it. The main problem with exo's is that they weaken your base defence dramatically if they leave the base, at all.

Had a groundhog run at me once unexpectedly, know what i did? I fucking Jumped!
    groundhog.png
  • 1dominator11dominator1 Join Date: 2010-11-19 Member: 75011Members
    The trick with onos is knowing when to run away, i.e. early.