Boosting with mines

kalakujakalakuja Join Date: 2012-09-11 Member: 159045Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter
Please bring back boosting/jumping on top with mines. It's always been an essential way for marines to get into the vents or nice positions.
Also make boosting with marines easier. Currently if the marine goes inside another the one on the top slides annoyingly making boosting unrealible and hard to do.

Comments

• ED0ggYED0ggY Join Date: 2003-06-08 Member: 17103Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    its called Jet packs...
  • ukeuke Join Date: 2013-07-01 Member: 185840Members
    yeah bring it back with a healthy amount of selfdamage [/sarcasm]

no serious there are jetpacks as mentioned or jump on top of a marine buddy to reach lower vents
  • JirikiJiriki retired ns1 player Join Date: 2003-01-04 Member: 11780Members, NS1 Playtester, Squad Five Silver
  • kalakujakalakuja Join Date: 2012-09-11 Member: 159045Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter
    The thing is that wiht mine ladders or proper doublejump boosting you could reach every vent in the game. This is why the mappers made vents on the proper height. Now this change has made the map's balance shift due to that.
    And please jetpacks have nothing to do with boosting.
  • FrozenFrozen New York, NY Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72228Members, Constellation
    100% support for this and a friendly fire toggle
  • ukeuke Join Date: 2013-07-01 Member: 185840Members
    if this happens i see a shitload of marines just placing mines to their team myself probably included sometimes
  • sHawke_NativesHawke_Native Join Date: 2012-12-20 Member: 175650Members
    theres a reason why boosting is difficult, the aliens are the ones who are supposed to use the vents, not the marines, in a real combat situation going into a confined space with little room to move except forward or back is a very stupid move,
  • joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    theres a reason why boosting is difficult, the aliens are the ones who are supposed to use the vents, not the marines, in a real combat situation going into a confined space with little room to move except forward or back is a very stupid move,

3 words: Bile Bombing Gorges

• Samus1111111Samus1111111 Join Date: 2012-08-07 Member: 154930Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Always seemed like a broken mechanic to me.

I mean, if the devs/map creators wanted marines in vents before JPs, then they would have put nice little paths to get into them so that you didn't have to do obscure things like mine boosting or jumping on each others' heads.
    joshhh wrote: »

3 words: Bile Bombing Gorges
    theres a thing called bullets,and you can set mines in the vent openings, problem solved, you can also use welders
  • BobRossTheBossBobRossTheBoss Join Date: 2012-12-31 Member: 176824Members
    Or, alternatively, leave it out but please prevent aliens from evolving in vents goddammit.
  • kalakujakalakuja Join Date: 2012-09-11 Member: 159045Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter
    Always seemed like a broken mechanic to me.

I mean, if the devs/map creators wanted marines in vents before JPs, then they would have put nice little paths to get into them so that you didn't have to do obscure things like mine boosting or jumping on each others' heads.

there's a clear reason why say skylight vents has always been boostable. To ease the skulk rush into there or kill the resswapping skulk.
    Now only good veterans can boost into there because the boosting is made for no real reason too hard due to sliding and no mines.
    Or, alternatively, leave it out but please prevent aliens from evolving in vents goddammit.
    a smart gorge could use clogs to get up to a vent
  • joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    edited July 2013
    theres a thing called bullets,and you can set mines in the vent openings, problem solved, you can also use welders

Cant tell if you are trolling or just oblivious. Skylights vent and even nano vents are prime examples. Gorges pop out and bile then retreat and heal. What exactly are mines going to do there and how do you propose to shoot said gorge with no way in the vent? Would you suggest to leave a marine there to indefinitely weld the stuff getting biled?

• FrozenFrozen New York, NY Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72228Members, Constellation
    15 res is an expensive trip to a vent should you choose to take it.
  • hakenspithakenspit Join Date: 2010-11-26 Member: 75300Members
    joshhh wrote: »

Cant tell if you are trolling or just oblivious. Skylights vent and even nano vents are prime examples. Gorges pop out and bile then retreat and heal. What exactly are mines going to do there and how do you propose to shoot said gorge with no way in the vent? Would you suggest to leave a marine there to indefinitely weld the stuff getting biled?

If only there was a weapon that fired exploding things into vents....oh wait there is.
    Buy a GL or wait for JP's.