Where did the horny dog panting go and why?

HeatSurgeHeatSurge Some Guy Join Date: 2012-09-15 Member: 159438Members, Reinforced - Supporter
edited June 2013 in NS2 General Discussion
Thread title.

I enjoyed it in the balance mod - it was pretty fun hearing it from other skulks running nearby and getting aural feedback from moving at increased speed.

Y U NO include in 250?

Comments

• AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    LOL
    JUs TLOL
    but yeah it was rather fun, but from a balance perspective hearing skulks from miels away is kind of.. unbalanced?
  • YMICrazyYMICrazy Join Date: 2012-11-02 Member: 165986Members
    I think it was a placeholder sound. It'll be back in a different form. Maybe.

http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/comment/2126872/#Comment_2126872
  • KwisatzHaderachKwisatzHaderach Join Date: 2012-02-06 Member: 143872Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Isn't it still in? I thought I heard it but I might be mixing things up with the bt mod.
    AuroN2 wrote: »
    LOL
    JUs TLOL
    but yeah it was rather fun, but from a balance perspective hearing skulks from miels away is kind of.. unbalanced?

Wasn't it rather subtle? I think it wouldn't have mattered balance wise, because a sprinting skulk makes heaps of noise anyway.
  • RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Isn't it still in? I thought I heard it but I might be mixing things up with the bt mod.
    LOL
    JUs TLOL

Wasn't it rather subtle? I think it wouldn't have mattered balance wise, because a sprinting skulk makes heaps of noise anyway.

Not when he only hits the ground once every 12 metres
  • WobWob Join Date: 2005-04-08 Member: 47814Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Roobubba wrote: »
    LOL
    JUs TLOL

Exactly. If you want to be silent, go phantom.

It shouldn't be the case that you can go speed 10 spending most of the time in the air and not make a sound.
  • FlaterectomyFlaterectomy Netherlandistan Join Date: 2005-02-03 Member: 39643Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    Perhaps no panting, but skulks should at least exclaim "wheeee" as they jump above a certain speed.
  • MestaritonttuMestaritonttu Join Date: 2004-07-29 Member: 30229Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    Roobubba wrote: »
    LOL
    JUs TLOL

Maybe just increase the ground-hit-sound volume and range by 3x every time speed exceeds 10 or something? :S
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    While I agree something is needed the dog panting was a bit disconnected, given the amount uwe has had to explain that its an alien, and not a dog. :-P

Also I'm pretty sure you can hear a skulk jumping off the walls as a marine, at least you should be able to, as it was deemed a bug? As long as the range is set far enough that should suffice I would think
  • HeatSurgeHeatSurge Some Guy Join Date: 2012-09-15 Member: 159438Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    I think it was a placeholder sound. It'll be back in a different form. Maybe.

http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/comment/2126872/#Comment_2126872

Good to hear; I hope it makes it into the next patch. If it's a balance issue (too loud), maybe make it so that only you or your team can hear it or turn it down volume-wise?
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited June 2013
    How the dog panting is seen to be inappropriate and removed, but the gorge tunnel Looney Tunes rubber band stretch effect stays in ... I don't even.
  • Blarney_StoneBlarney_Stone Join Date: 2013-03-08 Member: 183808Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    It should just play the Hawaii Five-O music when your each a certain speed