Downloading mods is broken again. Is this a Steam problem? Error code 16.

JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
edited June 2013 in Technical Support
Did the monthly Workshop folder deletion to delete the 100 mods I'm not actually subscribed to, and to clean up the unwieldy mods list. Seems to download my ~10 mods fine, then as if the connection drops all downloads stop and give an error 16. Every automatic attempt ends the same way. All mods download fine for a few seconds and than all get cancelled.

tTsTN2R.jpg

Comments

• ConfusedConfused Wait. What? Join Date: 2003-01-28 Member: 12904Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester
    Sad to say this is basically a time out with the steam servers. The best advice I can give is to simply try again or to change the steam server you are downloading from.

• JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    But I could start downloading a game right now, and it would be fine. Changing active steam download server location (I think they're all mirrored world wide? Maybe mods aren't.) doesn't solve the problem. It also seems to begin downloading fine, but just stops after a nearly fixed amount of time. Looking at downloads in the Steam window shows ~30mb of workshop content for NS2 successfully completed 100%.

Bizarre.
  • ConfusedConfused Wait. What? Join Date: 2003-01-28 Member: 12904Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester
    It could be a new and exciting bug with workshop. In the past errors like this basically show up for a few hours for one or more steam servers and then vanish into the ether when we try to reproduce them for UWE.

• ezekelezekel Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173589Members, NS2 Map Tester
    Try deleting everything in the workshop folder, and unsubscribing from steam; restarting steam and resubbing to all the mods, then launching the game and applying them

Also 100 mods? Holy smokes, I tend to avoid servers with mods I don't like (like player badges or ns2stats)
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Yeah when this happens, the easiest thing to do is change your server,
    Steam , settings, download, server download region