Mouse thumb buttons not registering

GenericOverusedNameGenericOverusedName Join Date: 2013-02-12 Member: 183022Members, Reinforced - Shadow
I like to use the thumb buttons on my mouse. I've used them in the past on this game just fine. I recently got a new mouse, it also has thumb buttons. I haven't played in a long while, so I don't know if my issue is with the mouse or patch-related. The game isn't registering when I click the thumb buttons... except for when I'm changing the key bindings. If I am in the binding menu, and I want to change a bind to M4, I'll click M4 and it will register and change that bind to be M4. But, ingame, if I hit M4 it won't actually do the bound action.

For instance, I have voice chat on M5. I redid the binding twice, it's set to my top thumb button, which is M5. But if I hit M5 while in a server, nothing happens. No voice chat icon, nothing. Same thing with M4. The left/right/center buttons are working properly ingame, but the thumbs only behave within the bindings menu.

So I changed my mouse settings so that M4/5 were PgUp/Down. I went to the binding menu, redid the bindings (hitting the buttons on my MOUSE to do so, not the keyboard). The bindings changed just fine, no problem. Tried to hit M5/PgUp to do voicechat and... nothing. Same thing as before.

I have no idea why this is not working, or how to fix it.

Comments