Bug - Fade HUD locked + No Damage

Saint_ThothSaint_Thoth Join Date: 2003-05-27 Member: 16767Members, Constellation
Shoulda got a screen shot, but I suppose a description will suffice...

Since the latest patch... Whenever I go Fade, the HUD locks (shows health with no armor, which never changes, and energy stays locked at 100%), the mini-map player location icon stops updating, and, most importantly, I can't inflict any damage (on stationary structures or otherwise). It's not just that the HUD isn't reporting it, there's actually no damage being done. I can move about and blink, however, and, despite the health/energy indicators always being maxed out, I can die, and run out of energy.

This only applies to the Fade, SFAIK. It does not apply to the Skulk, Gorge, nor Onos. I'm not sure if it applies to the Lerk, but I've not bothered evolving to Lerk since they took the spores away until late game, and it thus became just a flying skulk, useless outside of an elite's hands.

Comments

• RoflcopterV22RoflcopterV22 Arizona Join Date: 2013-04-03 Member: 184616Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    Does the console say anything? ie: LUA errors when this occurs

Does it occur on every server you go to, including explore mode and the such?
  • Saint_ThothSaint_Thoth Join Date: 2003-05-27 Member: 16767Members, Constellation
    It applies to all the servers I've been on thus far, and in explore mode. Need to check the console for errors - uno momento on that. I'm guessing some sort HUD init error...
  • Saint_ThothSaint_Thoth Join Date: 2003-05-27 Member: 16767Members, Constellation
    edited June 2013
    Update... I'm also noticing the Evolve meter stays up, locked at 100%

fade_minimap_hud_bug_thumb.jpg
    (Click to Enlarge)

And yes... Massive script errors - something about the double jump detection failing:

fade_script_hud_bug_thumb.jpg
    (Click to Read)

Hrmm... Maybe time to verify integrity or something...

(Edit: Nope, integrity checks out.)

PS. I'm also noticing I can't select a map, other that Summit, in explore mode... Think the same is true for bot practice (though it's locked on Descent).
  • ConfusedConfused Wait. What? Join Date: 2003-01-28 Member: 12904Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester
    Howdy,

The obvious are you running mods questions aside.

Does this only happen in explore mode? Or is it all the time?

Can you post log.txt and dxdaig?
  • JCDJCD Join Date: 2005-01-07 Member: 33150Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    What bugs me in this SS is that Doublejump is not in the game anymore with Build 250.
    Please verify your game integrity.
    edited June 2013
    As I've said, I've verified integrity. And, as I've said (and screenshotted no less), yes, it does this in explore mode (ie. all servers all the time). No, I've no mods. I do not see a "log.txt" in the NS2 folder set.

edit: In response to JCD's comment, I tried deleting and redownloading (verifying) the entire LUA folder, to no avail. :\
    Ah sorry haven't read your text well enough :/
    The log.txt is located in %appdata% (put that in your explorer window press return) and then navigate to the NS2 folder
    edited June 2013
    Ah, thanx (by the gods I miss the Days of DOS when our games were self contained in single folders)...

Onos sized log file:
    http://www.thothie.com/ns/log.txt (713KB)

edit: Looking at the log, and the related script file ( GUIFadeDoubleJumpHelp.lua ), I wonder if I could just comment out the procedure (seems to be just a help pop-up).
    if not self.doubleJumped and player:GetHasDoubleJumped() then

self.doubleJumped = true
                HelpWidgetIncreaseUse(self, "GUIFadeDoubleJumpHelp")

end

Would I get VAC banned for fuxing with the LUA scripts?
    No you won't get banned but it won't work due to consistency checking.
    I'm looking through my file but I can't really find the function for "GetHasDoubleJumped"
    edited June 2013
    Damn.

I think the fact that there is no such function is exactly what it's complaining about.

Meh, could almost fix this myself, if not for the consistency check.

Maybe... There's a file somewhere that tracks what help tips I still need to see, and if I can flag it so it thinks I've already seen this one... Bleh, it'd still hit that conditional block though. Hrmmm... Is there a dynamic casual LUA somewhere I could add the function to? (Just a blank function?) I suppose I could do it as a mod, but then it'd only be good on my own server.
    You could try to disable the tips.
    I think every lua mod will get killed by consistency
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    edited June 2013
    It has been fixed for next patch, thanks!
    You can disable hints in the meantime
    D'oh, disable tips, yeah, that would be the obvious solution, wouldn't it? (When the only tool you have is Hammer.exe, every problem starts to look like a .bsp sorta thing.)

Yeah, that fixes it. Thanks for the help!

I'm surprised more people have not been reporting this though - especially with all the new greens this sale weekend. Though I have heard one or two remark about how much the Fade "sucks" - so maybe they have the issue, and just don't realize it.
  • WormWorm Join Date: 2013-07-08 Member: 185996Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    It is happening to me too. I havent been able to go fade without problems since the patch.
  • FandoreFandore Join Date: 2013-07-09 Member: 186007Members
    This happens to me too, I don't know why but I have tried three servers now so I know its not that, its a bug for sure. =)
    Disable the hints like said above then it should work.