Can some servers run on the build 249?

2»

Comments

• RevyRevy Join Date: 2008-03-22 Member: 63928Members
    Jesus same old neckbeards again its just the same thing over and over again one person says ONE thing bad and the same people all jump on him like a pack of wolfs
  • Mad selectionMad selection Join Date: 2013-01-01 Member: 176967Members
    edited June 2013
    Yeah well this wasn't meant to be the thread of discension.

I simply liked the atmosphere of the previous build better. For me that matter more then all the balances issues (some of which could have easily been incorporated in 249).

Already you see peoples starting to give 50% agree and disagree, ns2 will survive in the end let's all rejoice around that. And I'm serious *****s. DO THE HAPPY DANCE. (If you get this it means that you've watched Baseketball and that your de facto more awesome then any build, old and new.)

Edit: changed ****** word so I won't get scowled.
  • Mattk50Mattk50 Join Date: 2013-02-04 Member: 182824Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    ezekel wrote: »
    Mattk50 wrote: »
    The point isnt that there are positives, its that they come with a truckload of negatives. BT fixed many problems but it wasnt worth the silly things that didnt need to be sacraficed that were.

Strange that you've yet to list those negatives/problems, you had plenty of time to voice your opinions while BT was occurring; a good 3 months maybe even more. It's like being asked to go in to replace your point guard in basketball, but telling the coach you'd rather sit on the bench and watch

And hey that's
    its rather silly of you to just assume i didnt. Before BT went through (during which i was playing it) i made a post or two about how bad some of the changes were. Specifically the pointless fade changes, the low effort put into new UI assets, attempting to recreate engine bugs, and feature removals including EMP, double jump, etc. Sorry im not listing the pages of patch notes from memory. Additionally I was operating under the assumption that it wouldnt just become the main game, and they were using it to test individual changes.

Also, whatever point your trying to make in the rest of the post has come out as gibberish, you might want to restate.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    DO THE HAPPY DANCE.
    *begrudgingly * I'm doing the happy dance.. I'm doing the happy dance...
    Wake up b****, we're going to the zoo!!

:-D
  • RoflcopterV22RoflcopterV22 Arizona Join Date: 2013-04-03 Member: 184616Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    Come on now people, the threads title isn't "Argue about which build is better 249 or 250"

The OP asked a question, and it seems to have been answered-if you want to argue may I suggest a separate thread or even steam chat?

To anyone who needs the information:
    The workshop mod-
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=156091637

Would just need to subscribe to it using a server you run, wiki should help with that
    http://wiki.unknownworlds.com/ns2/Dedicated_Server#Setting_Up_Mods
  • ezekelezekel Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173589Members, NS2 Map Tester
    edited June 2013
    ezekel wrote: »
    The point isnt that there are positives, its that they come with a truckload of negatives. BT fixed many problems but it wasnt worth the silly things that didnt need to be sacraficed that were.

Strange that you've yet to list those negatives/problems, you had plenty of time to voice your opinions while BT was occurring; a good 3 months maybe even more. It's like being asked to go in to replace your point guard in basketball, but telling the coach you'd rather sit on the bench and watch

And hey that's
    its rather silly of you to just assume i didnt. Before BT went through (during which i was playing it) i made a post or two about how bad some of the changes were. Specifically the pointless fade changes, the low effort put into new UI assets, attempting to recreate engine bugs, and feature removals including EMP, double jump, etc. Sorry im not listing the pages of patch notes from memory. Additionally I was operating under the assumption that it wouldnt just become the main game, and they were using it to test individual changes.

Also, whatever point your trying to make in the rest of the post has come out as gibberish, you might want to restate.

tl;dr, also thanks for calling me a faggot in-game, your forum trolling with me is done because I'm now blocking you both here and steam, good day
  • RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    I don't know how you got to be a map tester with that attitude. Why did you even come into this thread? You've been so aggressively 100% pro bt and 250 and you've frankly been bullying anyone who dared to express their opinions on these forums if they differ from your own.

Now personally I don't want to play 249 again, though there is some in that which is better than 250. But if someone wants to host a 249 mod server, I have no objections, and neither should you. All of the points you raised were presented as absolute fact, but they were all actually your subjective opinion. Please show more respect to the other members of our community who love this game probably just as much as you, whether they agree with the changes in 250 or not. That's a common courtesy.
  • CrazyEddieCrazyEddie Join Date: 2013-01-08 Member: 178196Members
    Girls! You're BOTH pretty!
  • ezekelezekel Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173589Members, NS2 Map Tester
    Roobubba wrote: »
    I don't know how you got to be a map tester with that attitude. Why did you even come into this thread? You've been so aggressively 100% pro bt and 250 and you've frankly been bullying anyone who dared to express their opinions on these forums if they differ from your own.

Now personally I don't want to play 249 again, though there is some in that which is better than 250. But if someone wants to host a 249 mod server, I have no objections, and neither should you. All of the points you raised were presented as absolute fact, but they were all actually your subjective opinion. Please show more respect to the other members of our community who love this game probably just as much as you, whether they agree with the changes in 250 or not. That's a common courtesy.

This guy offensively trash talks me when in-game, I've blocked him now so I don't have to deal with it anymore; most of these guys when I was trying to be helpful explaining the mod in BT were calling me a f*g and etc, I tried to be nice and explain everything but they kept calling it trash and shooting it down; so I got aggressive

People can express whatever they want, just like I am; I'm still a regular player... thing is so many people are saying "this is bad, oh this is not good" but not giving reasons as to why it's not good, or playing three rounds of uneven matches and declaring that so and so doesn't work

It takes time to adjust, but give it a try, and give honest constructive feedback and it won't be treated "negatively" from me.. I have no objection to what they do, they can do whatever they want to do I'm just typing letters on a keyboard
    edited June 2013
  • CrazyEddieCrazyEddie Join Date: 2013-01-08 Member: 178196Members
    Too French, didn't watch.
    Well, how ignorant of you.