Additional effects from Weapon upgrades

BensonBenson Join Date: 2012-03-07 Member: 148303Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
What if each level of weapon upgrade added an additional effect to the basic marine loadout?

For Example,

Weapons 1: Also increases rifle but damage by 15 (total of 40 i think)

Weapons 2: Also changes the pistol damage type to normal (from light)

Weapons 3: Also gives an extra two clips for both the LMG and the pistol

A similar system could be used for armor as well:

Armor 1: No extra effect (being immune to parasite + 2bites is good enough imo)

Armor 2: "lighter" armor, allowing marines to sprint longer (or move slightly faster, whichever is better for balance)

Armor 3: "Ninite" armor, armor repairs at 1/sec (90 sec for full armor)

Disclaimer: all values subject to change, it just an idea after all ;)

Comments

• Samus1111111Samus1111111 Join Date: 2012-08-07 Member: 154930Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Sooo.... getting a flat damage/armor increase isn't enough?
  • CCTEECCTEE Join Date: 2013-06-20 Member: 185634Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Nice idea. Could be based on personal resources: a marine can choose to get the extra upgrade for 1 or 2 pres at the armory or the armslab (effect is gone after death).
  • BensonBenson Join Date: 2012-03-07 Member: 148303Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    With the recent changes from the BT (rifle spread, armories not healing armor) It seemed like it could be interesting to make late game tech (a3/w3) play differently that early game tech (a0/w0).

Biomass hp/armor scaling could be increased to compensate if it becomes an issue.

And I know that there are a lot of people who would love to have a normal damage type pistol
  • SherlockSherlock Join Date: 2012-11-09 Member: 168595Members
    Imagine a pack-a-punched gun from a Call of Duty Zombies game (the only part of any of that series I still partially enjoy).

Now I would LOVE my W3 rifle to sound and have muzzle-flash like that when I fired!
  • JCDentonJCDenton Join Date: 2013-03-07 Member: 183768Members
    Here's what I am interpreting your post as being.
    Having upgrades that are just numbers aren't as satisfying. If you have weapons 2 instead of weapons 1, but you have particularly bad aim when encountering a skulk, the difference isn't noticeable.
    But, small changes, like say a slightly different model, or a 10% increase in clip size with each weapon upgrade.
    Small changes which are evident when walking around, instead of it took 1 less shot to kill this Onos.