Really weird bottlenecking issue? halp please

ICha0sIICha0sI Join Date: 2002-06-13 Member: 763Members
Hey all, just wondering if anyone could help me out with this problem i've been having with ns2 since I got a nvidia geforce 650~

I upgraded my graphics card not too long ago and took a break from ns2, didn't try the game with my new card but I recently reinstalled ns2 to play again. I noticed when I got into a game, i could run at 1440x900 with all settings (no aa/vsync) turned to high and the game was running great! I had a consistent 30 fps in the bigger battles, and with little action would stay around 50-60. The problem is though even though i'm running the game with no problem, when ever I enter a room with a bunch of enemies and activity, my game will suddenly drop to 0-1 fps for a few seconds, just long enough before it recovers to be dead. it's highly annoying to say the least lol. I've got the most recent drivers and even defragged to see if it would do anything to no avail. it pretty much makes the game unplayable

Please, anyone have any ideas or tips to try out?

Comments

• IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    edited June 2013
    What do you mean by dead?
    If its crashing, keep the ns2 window open, even if black. Run tech support executable found in your ns2 install directory while everything is still crashed. It will create a zip file with a dump file in it for the devs to look into. Upload this zip somewhere on the inter webs.

Also you can try rolling back your driver to the previous whql one, since many are reporting problems with it in ns2.
  • ICha0sIICha0sI Join Date: 2002-06-13 Member: 763Members
    Thanks for responding, the problem seems to have solved itself randomly in the past couple days.

By dead I mean dead in game lol, like dropping to 0-1 fps and then a few seconds later when the fps would rise back up i'd be dead