Hit Reg Problems

MinimumMinimum Join Date: 2012-12-27 Member: 176382Members
Ever since the latest patch I've been noticing that it is extremely difficult to hit enemy players. At first I thought this was just because of poor aiming on my part but then I noticed something interesting. Many times when I shoot an alien they bleed but no hit indication is given. This is extremely noticeable when I'm hitting them at point blank range. Just a few minutes ago I put roughly 40 rounds into a skulk at point blank range which only did 44 damage. I could see them bleeding like mad as I shot them. It can't be my latency because I'm usually never above 100ms.

Did something change Server/Client wise with the latest patch? Has anyone else noticed this?

Comments

• Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Please take a video of the problem, because no one has been able to provide a video of hits that show no damage numbers but show blood at the same time (on low ping) in quite some time.
  • JCDJCD Join Date: 2005-01-07 Member: 33150Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Could be a problem with the servers performance.
    Be sure to look at net_stats if there is less than 30 tickrate from the server
  • RollmansRollmans Join Date: 2013-06-16 Member: 185579Members
    edited June 2013
    Having the same issue. Full magdumps directly into skulks and still have to switch to the pistol to finish them. This is happening to me a lot, gonna try to get video.
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Make sure net_stats is on when you take the video.
  • CarNagE1CarNagE1 Poland Join Date: 2003-05-14 Member: 16298Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Playtester
    Same only with shootgun. it realy takes much now to kill a skulk :/. Perfect hit -26 damage... its realy hard to kill a skulk with one hit.
  • SyknikSyknik InversionNS2.com Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2064Members, Constellation, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    There are certain times where I see aliens taking no damage during shots. The most common is your final shot just as you die with a shotgun, most of the time it will not register. Or if a skulk is behind something and you can only shoot the slight bit that is showing, it will show blood, yet no damage.
  • ultranewbultranewb Pro Bug Hunter Join Date: 2004-07-21 Member: 30026Members
    It's not just you. I started a thread in General about massive rubberbanding and hit registration being worse since the patch.

This game really needs the ability to start recording a demo at any time, not just before connecting to a server. Things like invulnerable hydras and this would have been fixed ages ago if this feature was available.