Map is now crashing since 249 [SOLVED!]

QwiXXeRQwiXXeR Join Date: 2004-11-05 Member: 32640Members
edited June 2013 in Mapping
Hey guys, anyone else custom map now crashing since Build 249 ?
I even went back like loads of versions of my map to test and it was still crashing ?

To be fair I havnt started a real test of many different versions, other customs, making a new rough test map to test etc.
Just thought I would post and see if anyone else has noticed anything.

[EDIT - SOLVED]

I had a layer called pathing, which I made using that navmesh tool in spark, I have no idea why, but I deleted this and its now working just fine.

New fixxed version on workshop

Comments

• ObliviousSightObliviousSight Join Date: 2012-09-07 Member: 158306Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    The SCC server crashed last night but i didn't get a chance to find out which map it was that caused it. Tarvos was in the map list at the time, so that could have been the reason. I know that Ayumi, Caged and Uplift were fine.
  • QwiXXeRQwiXXeR Join Date: 2004-11-05 Member: 32640Members
    edited June 2013
    I dont know what has happened TBH, I have gone back and tested my previous versions.
    I have many internal builds, Im up to build 24, and Something I did between build 3 and 4 has caused the break. Now this was back at the end of APRIL! :(
    And I cant see what it is thats happened lol.

It gets worse... If I select everything and copy it to a new blank map... It works just fine... But then I willl lose ALL my layers and groups!!
    [EDIT - SOLVED]

I had a layer called pathing, which I made using that navmesh tool in spark, I have no idea why, but I deleted this and its now working just fine.
    Workshop IS NOT updated yet, but I will let you know when it is.
  • DarkSeraphDarkSeraph Join Date: 2004-06-07 Member: 29174Members
    QwiXXeR wrote: »
    [EDIT - SOLVED]

Workshop IS NOT updated yet, but I will let you know when it is.

From what I've seen the navmesh tool creates some crazy geometry. If it created some physics defying geometry I wouldn't be surprised if it broke the map.

As to why 249 would affect this, I have no idea.
    New fixxed version on workshop