Closing server console without shutting server down

unter_hosenunter_hosen Join Date: 2003-01-05 Member: 11858Members, Constellation
Guys

Is there a way of closing the console without binning the command prompt window too? I notice when you press the X to close the console, it shuts the whole server down. Thats not very popular on a full server

Comments

• CoTTonCoTTon Join Date: 2005-02-28 Member: 42773Members
  • unter_hosenunter_hosen Join Date: 2003-01-05 Member: 11858Members, Constellation
    Just quickly, I tried that, and the console window remains open, but obviously doesnt update. Once you have done the ` tab thing, can you use X to close the window?
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Isn't the directX required to run a server run from that console window? My guess is that right now it cannot run without directX?

Two questions, but they are both answered with yes... I think :P
  • ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    As far as I know, you can't close the console window without it shutting down the server too.
  • unter_hosenunter_hosen Join Date: 2003-01-05 Member: 11858Members, Constellation
    poo, never mind then. Its just quite handy to have open initially, just looks untidy leaving it open :)

Not OCD or anything
  • xDragonxDragon Join Date: 2012-04-04 Member: 149948Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited June 2013
    press shift tab again to close the console. You will want to make sure to have the original server window in focus when doing this part, not the console that you want closed.
  • ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    xDragon wrote: »
    press shift tab again to close the console. You will want to make sure to have the original server window in focus when doing this part, not the console that you want closed.
    Ah, good to know. Tested and works great :)
    edited July 2013
    am i missing something here...... shift and tab?

EDIT: Ignore that, I see what you mean now, have the "command prompt" of the server as the active "window" then press shift and tab. Good stuff :)