VC++ Crashes

Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
Making a new thread for this because the other one is old and probably unrelated.

Recently I've been experiencing the VC++ crashes again, not as frequently as before, but at least 3 times in the last 2 days, it's quite annoying. I've uploaded the self archived zip from the techsupport tool here: https://dropbox.com/s/7e4o6p8gtbwxsze/tech_support.zip

Do yo shit devs.

Comments

• ArtfunkelArtfunkel Join Date: 2013-05-10 Member: 185184Members
    edited June 2013
    You had an unusual Lua error that I've never seen before:
    Script Error #1: lua/Weapons/Marine/Rifle.lua:330: Attempt to access an object that no longer exists (was type Cinematic)

Although that happened a while before the crash it could indicate a problem. Memory corruption possibly? A bug in the game code seems unlikely or there would be more people reporting that error.

The only interesting things in the dump are that you have a bunch of DLLs loaded with names like api-ms-win-downlevel-user32-l1-1-0.dll (which seems legit but doesn't appear on my Win7 Home Premium system...perhaps it's an Ultimate thing) and the fact that you have a bunch of Unicode-related DLLs loaded (again, could be due to Windows Ultimate).

Edit: I just saw your other thread about random consistency check failures. Get new RAM.
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    @Artfunkel
    I'm not sure how that error happened, I booted the game, joined a server, and was spectating until the crash.
    I am running Win7 Ultimate x64.
    I might do a memtest tonight, I guess of all things to fail, it's better that it's the RAM than something expensive... Although I'm amazed that I'm ONLY experiencing issues in NS2 if my RAM is about to choke.
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    remember..
    memtest for ATLEAST 7 passes.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Lol. Ghost I don't think you should post anymore tech support threads until your original HD issue is resolved, since all problems you experience (including this one) could be a result of that. ;-)