Making unfair spawns "more fair"

2»

Comments

• vartijavartija Join Date: 2007-03-02 Member: 60193Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow
    rantology wrote: »
    To this day there have always been various exploits available to figure out the enemy spawn in the first 2 seconds of a game, there is no such thing as hidden spawns in ns2 so that's fairly negligible.

Still, it's completely different thing knowing the spawns on pre-game. Maybe this would make it easier to make spawn specific tactics rather than having initial strategy for every spawn composition.

Though if this will become official I would consider having spawns shown in overlay during pre-game. It sounds pain in the ass to scout it every single time.
  • SherlockSherlock Join Date: 2012-11-09 Member: 168595Members
    Competitive games with fixed spawns each round could definitely be beneficial.

You would need to be able to see where the spawns would be before the first round started, though, otherwise one team will have an advantage. Maybe whichever spawns are chosen in the Warm Up game, stay the same through to the Live match?
  • ritualsacrificeritualsacrifice Join Date: 2012-11-14 Member: 171148Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I honestly think spawn rotation sucks for most of the maps. Veil it's ok on, and maybe descent, but I think most maps would benefit from fixed spawns.
  • roxrox Join Date: 2013-06-12 Member: 185536Members
    This is something that has been bugging me ever since I started playing the game competitively.. Repeating the same spawns until the map is changed/reloaded as suggested is something that should be implemented in the custom spawns mod as soon as possible in my opinion. Also even though now that the maps have been reworked so that pipe and fab spawn aren't as game changing as they used to be, I still feel like this should be applied to all of the maps and not just tram since certain spawns are favorable compared to others (even if its not as extreme as tram/preupdate pipe and fab).

Static/fixed spawns is definitely something that can be discussed further but it would also affect the game in a whole different way so just settling for repeating the spawns for now is fine imho.