Pistols bugged?

kendopekendope Join Date: 2013-04-06 Member: 184663Members
edited May 2013 in Technical Support
Honestly, I will click as fast as I can and sometimes it wouldn't shoot out as much as i clicked or it won't shoot at ALL. I feel like after you get on your 3rd or 4th bullet your pistol just stops for a good second or 2 even if your still clicking as fast as you can. It just feels different and many people are discouraged from using it now because it just randomly stops firing in the middle of the clip. Why not just leave the old pistol and increase the reload time? Like I really find no reason for people to script when you could basically shoot 5-7 bullets a second.

Comments

• ritualsacrificeritualsacrifice Join Date: 2012-11-14 Member: 171148Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    you can shoot 10 bullets per second with the current limitations in place.
  • RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Sounds to me like your mouse might be on the fritz, have you tried a different one? I can get 10 shots off in a second just fine with normal clicking, so I don't think there's anything wrong with the game engine.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Yea i dont think anyone has reported this issue, so i think it may be isolated to something with your software or hardware.
    Try a different mouse, for starters.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited May 2013
    kendope wrote: »
    Honestly, I will click as fast as I can and sometimes it wouldn't shoot out as much as i clicked or it won't shoot at ALL. I feel like after you get on your 3rd or 4th bullet your pistol just stops for a good second or 2 even if your still clicking as fast as you can. It just feels different and many people are discouraged from using it now because it just randomly stops firing in the middle of the clip. Why not just leave the old pistol and increase the reload time? Like I really find no reason for people to script when you could basically shoot 5-7 bullets a second.

This doesn't sound like an issue with the now working limitation of 10bullets/s, but more a bug or a mouse/drive issue as mentioned... On a side note, the NS pistol does have a longer reload time and less clips, but also the 10bullets/s :P
  • zenefzenef Join Date: 2013-03-07 Member: 183762Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I have the same problem, but i dont think its a mouse issue since pistoling was very different in previous builds. And i can fast click lmg without problems. When pistoling it feels like it misses some of my clicks and sometimes stops shooting for half a second. Now pistoling is 50-100% slower for me than what it was before.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Are you using a script?
    Are you using any mods?
    Are you testing this on a modded server?
  • AdambeanAdambean Cardiff, South Wales Join Date: 2005-06-03 Member: 53038Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    Side note: My rapid pistol macro does still work (mouse driver), but I did need to increase the timings a bit. Still at 100ms/shot though.
    edited May 2013
    IronHorse wrote: »
    Are you using a script?
    Are you using any mods?
    Are you testing this on a modded server?

No scripts. Maybe its side effect from mods then... Almost every server is modded in some way.

Please see if you can reproduce the issue reliably in a vanilla game. You can start your own server too for testing.
    edited May 2013
    hmm... this still happens with all mods disabled and in my own server. it seems that i can fire a lot faster by not clicking as fast as i possibly can. It bugs everytime i click fast enough.

Pistols are capped at 10bullets/1s?-> 100ms/1bullet. so i thought maybe pistol gets bugged everytime when i happen to click faster than that? Not sure if it goes like this, just guessing-> So if i click 15 times/1s pistol wont fire 10 bullets but instead maybe 5-7?(should fire 10) Dont know how to test if this is true, But its true that pistol fires faster by clicking slower for me.
  • Mellow1123Mellow1123 Join Date: 2013-03-03 Member: 183615Members
    zenef wrote: »
    hmm... this still happens with all mods disabled and in my own server. it seems that i can fire a lot faster by not clicking as fast as i possibly can. It bugs everytime i click fast enough.

Pistols are capped at 10bullets/1s?-> 100ms/1bullet. so i thought maybe pistol gets bugged everytime when i happen to click faster than that? Not sure if it goes like this, just guessing-> So if i click 15 times/1s pistol wont fire 10 bullets but instead maybe 5-7?(should fire 10) Dont know how to test if this is true, But its true that pistol fires faster by clicking slower for me.

Im having the same problem and diagnose it the same way as you. Met a few others in game who are experiencing the same issue as well.

Interesting.
    I'm stumped..
  • kendopekendope Join Date: 2013-04-06 Member: 184663Members
    Mellow1123 wrote: »
    zenef wrote: »

Im having the same problem and diagnose it the same way as you. Met a few others in game who are experiencing the same issue as well.

yea pretty much this, i realized the slower i clicked, the more i fired. The more i clicked, the less i fired. Weird right?

• TharosTharos Join Date: 2012-12-18 Member: 175439Members
    I guess bullets fired between the 100 ms delay will be ignored, so if you fire for example every 70 ms the first shot will work (at t=0), the second will not (at t=70 ms because it's less than 100 ms delay). The third shot will work (at t=140 ms). In this case the delay between 2 bullets will be 140 ms instead of 100 ms

ps: sorry for my bad english
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Reported, thanks everyone