Problem with the grid tool

[AwE]Sentinel[AwE]Sentinel Join Date: 2012-06-05 Member: 152949Members
I can't exactly recall when this started but it was several builds ago. The grid that is displayed on top of faces you want to work with are not displayed correctly. Strangely enough, the grid is shown correctly off the face you hover over with a tool. Is this known? Is there a solution to make it work again? It still looks half-way "good" on the picture below. From time to time and angle to angle it is almost impossible to even guess where the lines of the grid are.

7Q7aBCu.jpg

Comments

• [AwE]Sentinel[AwE]Sentinel Join Date: 2012-06-05 Member: 152949Members
    I am alone on this one?
  • QwiXXeRQwiXXeR Join Date: 2004-11-05 Member: 32640Members
    The grid on a face is always drawn using the orientation of the face.
    If most of you sides are at some sort of angle, it will try draw the grid parallel to these sides.
    So if you face isnt all right angles and straight it can become very hard to draw correctly aligned squares.
    It is a perfect quare at an 90 degree angle. And this happens at all faces in the map despite the angle, form or size. And it was working correctly for almost two years... So I don't think it is related to the map/faces but to the editor itself :(
  • Rudy.czRudy.cz Join Date: 2012-02-13 Member: 145410Members
    edited May 2013
    I don't know how editor draws grid onto other geometry, but seem like some kind of z-fight (graphic glitch). Does this appear also with lower grid density?

EDIT: Ok checked it and looks shite also on mine
    At least I know I'm not alone on this :P It makes working a pain in the *** right now...