New launchpad

oldassgamersoldassgamers Join Date: 2011-02-02 Member: 80033Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
Hi guys, I dont know how it works. I put my map files in source->mapsrc.
Inside mapsrc I put:
ns2_co_oldassgamers.level
overviews\ns2_co_oldassgamers.tga
skyboxes\decent_modified_oag.cinematic

When i use builder only ns2_co_oldassgamers.level and game_setup.xml get exstruded out from mapsrc and goes to output.

Im wondering how to make "level" on your map. Like most maps have "kind = level" on their mod settings.

Comments

• DarkSeraphDarkSeraph Join Date: 2004-06-07 Member: 29174Members
    So the very bottom of this post tells you how to update your map for the new mod: http://unknownworlds.com/ns2/build-246-has-been-released-on-steam/

There have been tons of posts on it, but for levels in general put the files inside the output folder in the same place you used to, and delete game_setup.xml. For levels there isn't really a big need to run the builder. Follow the blog post, but know that you have to change the modid when the launchpad is closed or it won't work.
  • oldassgamersoldassgamers Join Date: 2011-02-02 Member: 80033Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited May 2013
    I already did this and it doesn't work. :(

This is how my publiced map looks like when opening up .modinfo:
    name = "ns2_co_oldassgamers"

I need it to like the rest:
    name = "ns2_co_oldassgamers" kind = level

How?

In the old launchpad you could choose what type of public you wanted to do. I always choose "level".
  • oldassgamersoldassgamers Join Date: 2011-02-02 Member: 80033Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited May 2013
    Please assist. I really want to upload my map so it works.

Because with the old launchpad you could choose what type of upload you wanted to do. For example when choosing "level" its for uploading maps.

This feature isn't included in the new launchpad. Heeeeeeeeeelp :(
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    It was never used, you don't need to specify type.
    THANKS TO MENDASP WE FOUND THE BUGG.

Before you click on "publish" on the launchpad you must click on "configure". Once configured is open you notice "title" and "description". The issue why my map was broken and why it crashed the servers is because i didn't add a description text. So now I added a description and then publiced the map. Now it works.

Hard bugg to find and I'm really hoping that max will fix this soon.

Once again thx to mendasp for finding the bugg with me :D