Bring back the old chat box

Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
Sick of this html shit, quoting is buggy and half the time my posts are spammed with <br>'s. What exactly was wrong with the forum posting format that has been used on every forum for years?

Comments

• ResRes Join Date: 2003-08-27 Member: 20245Members
    Everyone needs to hit agree.
  • CamronCamron Join Date: 2011-01-06 Member: 76356Members
    "Post your thoughts, constructive criticism, raves, etc. about our new web site in this forum. This is also the place to report bugs and tell us what features you'd like to see."
  • dragonmithdragonmith Join Date: 2013-02-04 Member: 182817Members, Reinforced - Diamond
    This might be a transition, or something has gone wrong with the old. To be honest it does not look very professional... 
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Camron wrote: »
    Web Site Feedback"Post your thoughts, constructive criticism, raves, etc. about our new web site in this forum. This is also the place to report bugs and tell us what features you'd like to see."
    I was unaware of said board.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Res said:
    Everyone needs to hit agree.
    I put five on it.
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    Yep, this is awful. 
  • TalesinTalesin Our own little well of hate Join Date: 2002-11-08 Member: 7710NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators
    Yep, it's being discussed. But I have to agree, the current quick-reply box is awful. Truly terribad.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Shiver me timbers!
  • ezekelezekel Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173589Members, NS2 Map Tester
    oh the white one? I thought that was an issue from when I cleared my browser cache and it just reverted to something old, Agree I liked what we had before
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Still, formatting options are better than none (especially when editing)
    Html / converting it /bugging out is the only real issue I see
  • ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    I'd actually prefer a WSIWYG editor, but the built-in one just isn't functional. Dealing with quotes is a nightmare and it has the annoying tendency to change the text font/spacing.
  • Blarney_StoneBlarney_Stone Join Date: 2013-03-08 Member: 183808Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    23 agree
    1 disagree

lol wp Xao
  • ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    23 agree
    1 disagree

lol wp Xao
    I believe the correct term is

Xao'd

• ezekelezekel Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173589Members, NS2 Map Tester
    It changed back it seems, much nicer! I don't know about you guys but it was just that giant white box really killing my retinas and felt so out of place with the rest of the page color
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited May 2013
    ezekel wrote: »
    It changed back it seems, much nicer! I don't know about you guys but it was just that giant white box really killing my retinas and felt so out of place with the rest of the page color

Yes, that's what it was, yay for BBCode! So much easier to use and manipulate.
  • sotanahtsotanaht Join Date: 2013-01-12 Member: 179215Members
    To be honest I liked the previous chat box, but I hadn't really tried to do all that much with it so I'm sure there were problems I just hadn't seen yet.