Celerity should work in combat

Blarney_StoneBlarney_Stone Join Date: 2013-03-08 Member: 183808Members, Reinforced - Shadow
It isn't all that useful if it deactivates when you're fighting someone. As it is right now it's pretty much not an option to go celerity first (despite it being the go-to opener on pubs for some reason). Allowing it to actually help you win engagements could increase the viability of a shift first opening.

Comments

• SherlockSherlock Join Date: 2012-11-09 Member: 168595Members
    edited May 2013
    I would love this too. I'm sick of the endless arguments I have with idiot EU Comms who are swearing blind Shift is the best first Hive path because Celerity gives an edge in combat. Makes me want to bang my head on the desk.

The ONLY reason I see that you would need to go Shift first is on large player number servers, where egg-locking becomes a problem.

Heck, I'm usually debating if Adren/Celery is actually better than Silence as a second upgrade too.
  • salvadorjersalvadorjer Join Date: 2012-10-22 Member: 163138Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Yep that misconception happens rather frequently. I support the idea of it not being affected by using attacks (taking damage still removes it though in order to reward skillful play on both sides).