Alien armour values

N@uralBornNoobistN@uralBornNoobist Gorge-N-Freeman,2Gorges1Clog Join Date: 2012-12-24 Member: 176138Members
edited May 2013 in Ideas and Suggestions
Id personally like to see a fade+lerk armour "nerf" by 10.

Fade= 40+cara=80
Lerk= 40+cara=65

Take this with a pinch of salt...as im far from an expert of the game...however...I want to see fades+lerks dying more often ^^,

Not just...here come the fades+lerks...prepare for whitewash mode.

Im sure you wonderful peeps are working on tweaking this+its at the very forefront of your minds before you rest.

Comments

• sHawke_NativesHawke_Native Join Date: 2012-12-20 Member: 175650Members
    fades and lerks are good as is, its all a matter of hitting the fades and lerks. lerks will die quickly if you can hit it same with fade, all you have to do is aim
  • SherlockSherlock Join Date: 2012-11-09 Member: 168595Members
    The only reason you want to see Lerks/Fades die more is because you're playing in long, Alien-sided public games where the Aliens are accumulating a LOT of PRes and therefore can easily go Lerk/Fade again shortly after dying.

Once you've seen a properly balanced game where the Marines are constantly pushing Alien Harvesters and it's a struggle to get to 50 PRes, you'll be thankful for that little extra bit of armour. You traded the wait for Onos for a quick Fade, and chances are you'll not get the chance to go advanced lifeform again.. You'll be alive as Fade 'til the bitter end.
  • kespeckespec Join Date: 2012-11-18 Member: 172279Members
    edited May 2013
    if you ask me fade and lerk can use extra 50 armor maybe not the lerk, to counter shotguns' effectiveness. buff flamethrower's energy throttle in the process. 

now you have a clearer role for flamethrowers, which is a counter weapon for energy dependant(highly) life forms.
    and now you have removed one role from multipurpose asskicking machine shotgun.
  • BalmarkBalmark Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 3476Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    I disagree with the 10 nerf .. unless you go the other way when extra hives grow ..

-10 armour at 1 hive .. sure .. but +15 at 2 hives and +20 at 3