build 246 consistency checks

SeeVeeSeeVee Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165206Members
Does anyone know if the 246 build does this now automatically or do I have to activate it?

Comments

• ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
  • SeeVeeSeeVee Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165206Members
  • nezznezz Join Date: 2012-12-11 Member: 174712Members
    super frustrating when your comm gets booted mid way through a scrim because his files don't match the server over alien vision..... zzzz... good consistency checking system ya got there.
    That means its working... the server admin can adjust the check cfg to not check alien files if they wanted to.
  • RegnarebRegnareb Join Date: 2007-08-26 Member: 62008Members, NS2 Playtester
    nezz wrote: »
    super frustrating when your comm gets booted mid way through a scrim because his files don't match the server over alien vision..... zzzz... good consistency checking system ya got there.
    The consistency checking occurs when you connect to the server. If he got booted during a game, it's for another reason.
  • naXynaXy Join Date: 2008-07-12 Member: 64618Members
    if you change your files while playing a round, it still checks actually (and kick you out)
  • douchebagatrondouchebagatron Custom member title Join Date: 2003-12-20 Member: 24581Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    Why would a comm be changing alien vision .fx? sounds fishy....
    not to change the subject douchebagatron but you have the best freakin forum name I have ever seen!
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    The ignore file list doesn't seem to work.
    And instead of the workshop mod being disabled, I get kicked for files not matching the servers when I leave the comm chair.
    naXy wrote: »
    if you change your files while playing a round, it still checks actually (and kick you out)
    Yep, that's what I was implying, changing your files during playing is not quite a normal "thing". Normally once you connect, it's all good.

Jekt > Did it happened only once? Do you have programs that could interfer continuously with the files? There are no reasons to let you connect then kick you after if none of your files have changed.

• ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Jekt wrote: »
    The ignore file list doesn't seem to work.
    And instead of the workshop mod being disabled, I get kicked for files not matching the servers when I leave the comm chair.
    The ignore syntax changed in B246: http://www.ensl.org/topics/781

Servers need to update their setups.
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    Ah, I didn't see any documentation or mention of a syntax change. Thanks ScardyBob.
    And no Regnareb, it happens everytime I log out of the comm chair. I can connect to the server no problem.
  • DGKHaploDGKHaplo Join Date: 2002-12-22 Member: 11324Members, Constellation
    edited May 2013
    As a server operator I found I had to delete the consistency file and the server config file after the update, as they did not update automatically. I deleted them, restarted the server so they downloaded and then I made the changes that I wanted.

edited for clarity
  • xDragonxDragon Join Date: 2012-04-04 Member: 149948Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    The files get consistency checked when they are loaded. Most files are loaded when the map is loaded, but certain dds/whatever files get loaded when needed, ie when you turn on alien vision for the first time. I was getting kicked for a crosshair the instant the round would restart and go live, since that is the first time your crosshair is visible.

Its not that the files are being changed mid round....
    edited May 2013
    I don't understand why it does that, for example for the crosshairs, mine is modified and if it's not the same as the default one or the server one, I never had this problem on any server.
    Of course it check all your mods at the connexion and disable them if the server don't want those files modified, you can see that by opening your console during the loading. Every consistency checked file is removed, while the others are accepted.

Perhaps the server is mis-configured? Does it do that on all the servers? Verifying the cache of the game shouldn't hurt too, delete the incriminated files before just to be sure.