Craig evololution

maD_maX_maD_maX_ Join Date: 2013-04-07 Member: 184678Members
edited May 2013 in Ideas and Suggestions
Ok well clearly babblers are not being spewed from the craig and this leaves the craig as the only alien structure without a mature evolution.... simple idea, power craig, evolved mature craig can now power X number of connected cycts.

Seems reasonable considering the craig heals everything around it like the hive, why not power it as well...

---Potential tweeks to make it more interesting--
1) it could form its own infestation around itself... now adjacent whips wont uproot as a cyct is pop'd

2) potentially allow a evolved craig to be "shifted" to none infested areas where a small remote base could be built vccc

Comments

• sHawke_NativesHawke_Native Join Date: 2012-12-20 Member: 175650Members
    well you have some spelling errors so im going to correct them,it bothers me with the sheer amount of the spelling mistakes you have. !:it crag not craig, cysts not cycts, popped not pop'd, non not none, also your title is messed up its supposed to be "Crag Evolution"
  • FLuXFLuX Join Date: 2002-12-30 Member: 11633Members, NS2 Playtester, Subnautica Playtester
    edited May 2013
    maD_maX_ wrote: »
    Ok well clearly babblers are not being spewed from the craig and this leaves the craig as the only alien structure without a mature evolution.... simple idea, power craig, evolved mature craig can now power X number of connected cycts.

Seems reasonable considering the craig heals everything around it like the hive, why not power it as well...

---Potential tweeks to make it more interesting--
    1) it could form its own infestation around itself... now adjacent whips wont uproot as a cyct is pop'd

2) potentially allow a evolved craig to be "shifted" to none infested areas where a small remote base could be built vccc

I feel bad for Craig, apparently whoever he is, he isnt good enough for you. :3
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    I actually kinda like the idea. It would have to be balanced. It would have to have the cost of the crag and the cost of the upgrade. I would think it would have to be initially connected to a hive but could then be left as a little 3-6 cyst still "powered" island.
  • dragonmithdragonmith Join Date: 2013-02-04 Member: 182817Members, Reinforced - Diamond
    It's a cool idea, but think about what the shift and shade evolutions are:

-move structures, which I don't really know how to use effectively (and haven't seen it done often). It's useful if done prop but its really rare.
    -hallucinations. Well, they are fun endgame trying to break a marine turtle. That's about it :P

Maybe if your idea was more triggered by karm/ had more downsides e.g. would power cysts at cost of more damage or no healing, etc...

That, or buff shift and shade, which I would be for 100%
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Crags can already power cysts, by healing them if they are disconnected. Isolated crag/infestation islands anyone?
  • maD_maX_maD_maX_ Join Date: 2013-04-07 Member: 184678Members
    My idea was to be able to have isolated infestation islands... The ability to combo shift/CRAG a secret base would add a new layer.

Senario- hive in departures and gen, lockers/term/caff locked down... You shift a crag to landing pad where it creats an infestation area then you shift a shift to the infestation and spawn eggs, And begin attacking from behind....

OP? Maybe but it's 70 res to spawn the first eggs so its not cheap...

Currently alien comm is pretty limited, especially if rines cut cysts...

As for my spelling, well my bad on crag/Craig in game I hear Craig so well oops... As far as
  • CalegoCalego Join Date: 2013-01-24 Member: 181848Members, NS2 Map Tester
    Ehhh. Shift requires infestation to work. So just popping a crag up anywhere won't work. You have to cyst there first anyway.

Plus, crags already have a very important ability. To heal things. It's kham instigated ability is to heal things even faster. Crags are fine as they are.

Something like this was suggested a while back to make gorge tunnels act like cysts. I think that was added into the balance mod.

Like Meatmachine said, a crag base can keep infestation alive as they are now since it will keep the disconnected cysts alive.
  • maD_maX_maD_maX_ Join Date: 2013-04-07 Member: 184678Members
    Calego wrote: »
    Ehhh. Shift requires infestation to work. So just popping a crag up anywhere won't work. You have to cyst there first anyway.

Plus, crags already have a very important ability. To heal things. It's kham instigated ability is to heal things even faster.

If you look at my post one of my ideas was to allow the shifting of evolved crags to non infested areas... Then being able to cyst from them....

Um all structures have "important" abilities tell a gorge that crags are better then shifts...