Build 246 broke the game [Resolved]

FuleFule Join Date: 2009-06-04 Member: 67683Members
edited April 2013 in NS2 General Discussion
Scans doesn't work, you don't see who you kill or got killed by whom, scan animations stay wherever you scan forever .... etc. Those are my first impressions of this patch. There is more to discover.

*UPDATE: Was a server mod causing the issue and the mod is being fixed as I type this -Ironhorse*

Comments

• IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Scans do work, i just tested that last night after someone had the same complaint.
    Same with enzymes.

The complaint came from a modded server, so double check whats running.

... and what a dramatic threat title lol
  • TailorTailor Join Date: 2003-02-24 Member: 13927Members, Constellation
    edited April 2013
    Everyone... Everyone. Seriously.

I cannot play without a scan. I try to join a team and I get an error "Cannot play, no scans available".

What do I do? Who do I have to pay for more scans? Has UWE gone with a Free to play model?
  • nezznezz Join Date: 2012-12-11 Member: 174712Members
    why would you limit a scan to 1s? most comms with a shitty 2apm want to scan twice at different locations.
  • FuleFule Join Date: 2009-06-04 Member: 67683Members
    IronHorse wrote: »
    Scans do work, i just tested that last night after someone had the same complaint.
    Same with enzymes.

The complaint came from a modded server, so double check whats running.

... and what a dramatic threat title lol

Might be true about the modded servers, because on some other servers I and other people don't get this issue.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    edited April 2013
    @fule add me to steam, i'd like to track which servers you are going to , in order to narrow down which mod is causing this.
    (see what happens when mods are whitelisted?! lol jp)
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197960471387/

@tailor please post in the tech support forums to get assistance.

*EDIT* : looks like its ns2stats thats causing this.
    I'm sure they're on it.

zups:3: synomi is sick
    zups:3: he's working on it
    zups:3: should be up sometime soon

/dramatic titled thread
    :-P
  • draktokdraktok Join Date: 2013-02-18 Member: 183156Members
    holy edits and cross outs
    IronHorse wrote: »
    @fule add me to steam, i'd like to track which servers you are going to , in order to narrow down which mod is causing this.
    (see what happens when mods are whitelisted?! lol jp)
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197960471387/

@tailor please post in the tech support forums to get assistance.

*EDIT* : looks like its ns2stats thats causing this.
    I'm sure they're on it.

zups:3: synomi is sick
    zups:3: he's working on it
    zups:3: should be up sometime soon

/dramatic titled thread
    :-P
    cool, now please can you help me with my gather server problem? Been a loooooooooooooooooong time since I was able to play a gather.
    http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/129969/game-crashes-when-joining-gather-servers#latest
    @draktok I work too fast sometimes.
  • SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Happens every patch, someone complains the game is broke, when it's actually a mod that broke it.
    Squishpoke wrote: »
    Happens every patch, someone complains the game is broke, when it's actually a mod that broke it.
    People also overreact and create threads with titles like I do :D
    Fule is okay with thread being closed.
    *shuts door*
This discussion has been closed.