Make the new camo immune to scans

BestProfileNameBestProfileName Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177320Members
I don't know if this would work and quite frankly - I think the old camo was much better. Maybe making the new camo immune to scans would make it viable, as you can still EASILY be seen when you move.

Out of interest, which is better? New or old camo? If you want to give reasons - fine - but just type in one line which you think is better before or after you do so, so we have a nice headcount.

e.g. "I prefer the new one""

reasons: x,y, z"

Comments

• aeroripperaeroripper Join Date: 2005-02-25 Member: 42471NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    Scan is the counter to camo, just as it was with cloak in NS1. Camo is pretty good if you and your team know how to use it well.
  • kalakujakalakuja Join Date: 2012-09-11 Member: 159045Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter
    New camo is useless and this change would keep it like that. Very unlikely that you are ready and cloaked when the scan comes.
    Old ns1 camo was niche enough to see some uses with the sensory chambers providing vision. The shitty infestation system makes that unviable.
  • TheDRTheDR Join Date: 2013-01-24 Member: 181820Members
    Maybe the scan takes a few seconds to reveal camo'd aliens. Essentially camo would give you a reveal delay, but if you escaped the scan range you wouldn't be revealed at all (apart from if you make noise of course). For example this would show camping aliens, but it would give a clever player a few seconds to 'escape' and not be noticed if they can get out of the scan range quickly enough.
  • BestProfileNameBestProfileName Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177320Members
    TheDR wrote: »
    Maybe the scan takes a few seconds to reveal camo'd aliens. Essentially camo would give you a reveal delay, but if you escaped the scan range you wouldn't be revealed at all (apart from if you make noise of course). For example this would show camping aliens, but it would give a clever player a few seconds to 'escape' and not be noticed if they can get out of the scan range quickly enough.

Nice tweak.
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    I don't get why everyone seems to think the new camo is unviable, just play it like redlight-greenlight and you can still pull off some great plays with it.
    Granted though, I prefer the shade hive abilities from the balance mods that use the biomass system - only annoying thing is that fast silence isnt possible, and silence is the one ability that gives you a massive advantage over marines early game- camo is more like a useful extra.
  • ezayezay Join Date: 2013-03-11 Member: 183899Members
    edited April 2013
    I don't get why everyone seems to think the new camo is unviable.

- takes forever to kick in when not moving
    - viable only when not moving
    - so much worse than Silence

--> 0 reason to chose it.