Animated light with power grid

WhiteDevilWhiteDevil Join Date: 2012-09-16 Member: 159559Members, Reinforced - Shadow
I've been trying out the cinematic editor to get these swaying and flickering lights to make some nice atmosphere for my map. I really like how easy it is to make those with the editor but I have a problem. The lights doesn't work with the power grid. Is there any possible solution for this?

Comments

• McGlaspieMcGlaspie www.team156.com Join Date: 2010-07-26 Member: 73044Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester
    edited April 2013
    Cinematics operate outside of the code that handles the power grid. You would need to associate you new cinematics with an entity and modify the power grid code to update that entity on Power State changes. NS2 unfortunately does not have a robust entity (Triggers, Targets, Listeners, etc) system in vanilla. A community alternative is @JimWest's ExtraEntitiesMod but that would make you map dependent upon a mod. Sorry, no simple answer here.
  • JimWestJimWest Join Date: 2010-01-03 Member: 69865Members, Reinforced - Silver
    Cool idea, haven't good an entity that can interact with powernodes like getting triggered when they change, will add that soon.
  • WhiteDevilWhiteDevil Join Date: 2012-09-16 Member: 159559Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    @JimWest That would be awesome. I hope that's not too hard to make.
    I wouldn't mind getting my map depended on ExtraEntitiesMod if I'd get some cool animated lights.