NS2_Fracture

Comments

• HowserHowser UK Join Date: 2010-02-08 Member: 70488Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Retired Community Developer
    Sadly, all the art stuff is (mostly) on hold until the map is fun and relatively balanced... I don't expect to get it perfect but I need to feel satisfied that the overall layout and feel confident that the rooms work before I can commit any time to art.
    This is probably another 2 or 3 significant change builds away. I'm hoping for the end of august, but there's no telling when I'll feel satisfied with the design.
    After that I'll probably give myself 8 months to a year to get all the art done... So you've got plenty of time to remaster the skulk and give me some feedback on the map :P
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited July 2013
    Wow those pics of yours are awesome. You must be some sort of graphics artist or something.
    I agree with the Biodome stuff, I can't wait for that map to come out so people can start adding more greenery to their maps. All this industrial stuff is getting kinda old :P
  • 2cough2cough Rocky Mountain High Join Date: 2013-03-14 Member: 183952Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    SamusDroid wrote: »
    All this industrial stuff is getting kinda old :P

Gotta agree! Your map is looking gorgeous!
  • DaanVanYperenDaanVanYperen The Netherlands Join Date: 2013-06-16 Member: 185580Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    DrRandom's hat-trick.
  • DaanVanYperenDaanVanYperen The Netherlands Join Date: 2013-06-16 Member: 185580Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    Playing catchup! No pretty textured version yet.
    Playtest Sundays: I Must Weld, For Howser Beats Me (ns2_fracture, Sept 1st, 2013)
  • KochmarKochmar Join Date: 2013-08-30 Member: 187343Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited September 2013
    Good job ! It's amazing !
    edited September 2013
    Here's troops first contribution to the channel! Go give troop an awesome.
    [T W A T] and [WongaNS] go head to head on ns2_fracture! Pre reinforced, No sound.
  • HowserHowser UK Join Date: 2010-02-08 Member: 70488Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Retired Community Developer
    edited September 2013
    Who gave troop the video camera? Everyone knows Daan's the only one allowed to hold it! and you know the rules if there's no sound we have flats bad dub step played on loop!
    Good video and thanks to the [T W A T] and Wonga for suffering the map and providing feedback, a lot of the changes you suggested have been implemented. Hopefully we'll get some more PCW's on it soon! If you plan on doing some please contact our resident camera man Daan (above poster).
    Edit apparently T\/\/AT is a naughty word!?!
  • FlaterectomyFlaterectomy Netherlandistan Join Date: 2005-02-03 Member: 39643Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    Legendary Snails and RadicaL were nice enough to playtest Fracture the other day, and here's the footage including Howser and myself babbling away incomprehensibly throughout.

Round 1 of 2:

Round 2 of 2:
    .....babbling away incomprehensibly throughout.
    What the hell you on about man!?! This my first casting effort. Watch out reddog!....
    i'll shut up next time :D

Howser wrote: »
    i'll shut up next time :D

Don't you dare, those videos need some banter!

• FlaterectomyFlaterectomy Netherlandistan Join Date: 2005-02-03 Member: 39643Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    And aside from the playtest Sunday above, we've got competitive playtests between TeamWork & Tactics and onFire!

Round 1 of 2:

Round 2 of 2:
    NS2HD[705] - Modspot: Fracture by Howser
  • ObliviousSightObliviousSight Join Date: 2012-09-07 Member: 158306Members, Reinforced - Shadow
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    This is probably a dumb question, but... why are there sometimes two numbers on one line? :-/
  • JanosJanos Join Date: 2002-08-02 Member: 1050Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester
    I've got the internet up and running here in my new place, I might be able to cobble together some time to show up on Sundays playtest, get some nice first hand experience finally on this map. Was always interested in what you were going to do with your custom textures e.t.c.
    Will be good to see you there mate. Just started my ready room... so maybe in a few weeks I'll be showing that off with plenty of custom content. I've been meaning to do it for months but kept getting pulled back into level design as problems would show up. I need to sit on this build for a few weeks and get more competitive feedback.
    First match this sunday. Was a bit low energy for everyone, not much to do with Fracture itself.
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    @Howser‌ - I can't believe you are not keeping your own thread up to date with all your glorious map changes.

This is not a Necro, here is a Video of this weeks SCC Playtest of ns2_fracture:

ah its the laziness... and the gameplay focused nature of its development don't make for good reading. I will resume posts when I have stuff that's worth being a show off about :D but thanks for the post mate.
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Howser hurry up and release this update so I can flip the switch on YO :D
  • NaRcONaRcO Madrid Join Date: 2005-03-07 Member: 44219Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    i want this map finished so badly!! :)
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    It's finished enough to enjoy playing on it. No dev textures visible, and Ceremony looks really good tbh.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    BeigeAlert wrote: »
    It's finished enough to enjoy playing on it. No dev textures visible, and Ceremony looks really good tbh.
    Ooh. I have been really looking forward to this map also. Maybe I will put it for vote on my server.
    well there's a naughty stuck spot, some overly windy vents and some cover missing. I also want to try remove the lower pass through cold storage( bringing the whole room west a bit). Saturday I promise :D
    NEW UPDATE!
    *Significant decrease in size of the map.
    *Redesigned Marine start, Cold storage and Reception
    *Vents tweaked and simplified
    *Ceremony Power-node moved to a more accessible spot
    *Added more cover throughout to compensate for the size decrease
    *Custom truck model added to RR to increase mod download times
    *Golden penis statues removed to avoid offence and lawsuits
    drCeZzz.gif
    KGwrlo9.jpg
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts

I lol'd
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Let's see how *this* iteration of marine start works :D

Knew it.
    Show-off.