Selecting new screen(s) advice.

GISPGISP Battle GorgeDenmark Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27460Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester, Forum staff
Im looking to get 1 or 2 screens from here: http://www.edbpriser.dk/hardware/skaerm.aspx? at 24" or 27"
And would like some advice on what to get.
My budget is around 3000, but can stretch it if need be.

Comments

• NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    I have read some really good things about 1440p+ monitors. With them you don't need Microsofts clearfont/text or anti aliasing because the pixel density is so high. It is also large enough to fit 4 documents open, one in each corner.
  • IronsoulIronsoul Join Date: 2011-03-12 Member: 86048Members
    I would recommend saving up a little while longer and getting a 2560 x 1440 ips panel. IPS monitors have some minor ghosting issues, but the colour accuracy more than makes up for that and it's really not as bad as you might think.

Keep in mind you will need to be able to run the game at the resolution, which is not impossible, but a high end graphics card is definitely recommended.

Also consider waiting for the 29" 2560 x 1080 monitors to come out. They have a lower resolution so aren't as difficult to run as the 1440p, but they have a really high aspect ratio of 21:9 (same as cinema) and can support dual inputs (left half for computer, right half for game console for example). The lower resolution will help in terms of performance and the high aspect ratio will let you see more in terms of field of view (hopefully).