Consistency Checking & Precaching times?

SolarisSolaris Join Date: 2003-05-11 Member: 16213Members
I usually play on one of 3 different servers. My two favourites do not seem to have any consistency checking enabled, my heart-shaped heal spray for the Gorge works just fine as do my crosshairs, retextured gloves, etc. Since the beta the loading times have steadily improved (little by little).
However when I play on a server that has consistency checking enabled (see in the console that it refuses to load the modified skins, etc.) the precaching phase of map load take about 5-7 times(!) as long as on the other servers.
Is this directly related? Can somebody please explain to me (in layman-term for somebody that only knows basic programming) why comparing files take sooo much time? Is this something that is actively being worked on by the devs?

Comments

• IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Hit the console (~ key) as soon as you begin connecting. You should see all the mods downloading and mounting. ;-)