How to hide player Nameplates?

GalaxistGalaxist Join Date: 2013-03-13 Member: 183919Members, Reinforced - Supporter
I would like to hide/modify the nameplates, because it seems at lower resolutions they're much too big and get in the way.

Any tips on how this might be done, or if someone could point me to a mod that already does this, I would be grateful.

Comments

• JimWestJimWest Join Date: 2010-01-03 Member: 69865Members, Reinforced - Silver
    Override this function from Player_Client like this code

local originalPlayerGetName = Player.GetName
    function Player:GetName(forEntity)    
        return name " "
    end

• RegnarebRegnareb Join Date: 2007-08-26 Member: 62008Members, NS2 Playtester
    But you won't be able to play with that mod on other servers since it is a LUA mod. You need to host your own server with this mod, or ask a server admin to use the mod on his server.
  • gimmicgimmic Join Date: 2013-03-02 Member: 183555Members
    I'm seeing conflicting information. Some posts (like the HUD mod) clearly show some lua tweaking and it seems to be available on in pub play, while things like this won't pass consistency check?

How can you tell what will work or what won't work? Alien vision mods work, and they're a direct lua edit..
  • RegnarebRegnareb Join Date: 2007-08-26 Member: 62008Members, NS2 Playtester
    Alien vision does not work in the majority of servers. Some servers allow it, or by disabling the consistency of the file regarding the alien vision (which is not lua, but a shader apparently), or by implementing it directly in the server files.

Like I said, you can change some things in the lua and making it available on pub play, if and only if the server have the mod.