Enemy team location at Start?

SanthoranSanthoran Join Date: 2013-04-14 Member: 184809Members
Hi guys!

I am pretty new to ns2 as a commander, but i have seen some commanders which can tell right away at the start of a round where the enemy Team started. How can they do that (no they didnt scan, wasn't veil/marine start and didnt wait until they seen where the enemys all come along). So is there any way they can find that out?

Thanks!

Comments

• greenpeegreenpee Join Date: 2012-04-10 Member: 150218Members
    You try to drop res towers in the other possible spawns. If you can't, that's where they are.
  • hozzhozz Join Date: 2012-11-20 Member: 172660Members
    edited April 2013
    This is a bug, I believe it was fixed with the latest patch.

Certain special effects, for example
    - the effect of Marine structure holograms being placed
    - the little slime splash when a new egg is created by the Hive
    - a Cyst's slime splash when a Cyst dies because you placed another Cyst too close to it
    etc.
    would accidentally not be hidden from the Commander view like buildings and players. So Commanders could look for those and know/guess where the enemy started.

You should no longer see those effects, so you need to find the enemy base by proper means now :)
  • FuleFule Join Date: 2009-06-04 Member: 67683Members
    Yes, sadly you cannot tell where is the enemy base, but I found that you can still look at other spawns and listen for cyst placements.
  • DestherDesther Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165195Members
    greenpee wrote: »
    You try to drop res towers in the other possible spawns. If you can't, that's where they are.

Doesn't this only work for Marines since aliens could never have infestation at any other base in time to even attempt an rt drop. And even then, you have good odds that you drop the RT in an empty base and can't undo the blueprint thus tying up 10 res at the most crucial time of the game.
  • frallan123frallan123 Join Date: 2012-05-12 Member: 151962Members
    You can easily see where the enemy spawns as the commander. All you gotta do is to put a rally point at the spawn locations, and if you can put it on a spawn location that means they spawned there. If you cant put the rally point at the spawn points means that they didnt spawn at that one.
  • KopungaKopunga Join Date: 2013-01-10 Member: 178764Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    and as a marine commander just drop a medpack over the tech point, if it floats in the air it landed on a hive. works at anytime and cost only 1 res not 3 like scan ^^