Interested in testing custom maps?

HowserHowser UK Join Date: 2010-02-08 Member: 70488Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Retired Community Developer
Hey! This is a quick heads up that the Spark crafter collect public steam group is now Live. Anyone who wants to get involved with testing custom ns2 maps and help shape their development should join the group and get involved!
Initially the SCC Started off as a mappers only group, but as the popularity of the sunday event grew and more events were added we've decided to dedicate the server exclusively to custom maps. We're trying to create a solid community around the server, so please join the group and show your support for all the mappers out there.
Every type of player is welcome, from rookies to hardcores!
While testing maps is a lot of fun, you should be warned that there is issues with a lot of the maps and gray boxes aplenty; but the more the maps are tested the faster they will improve!
We hold custom map play sessions throughout the week so joining the group will help us keep you informed of any coming events.
Thanks

Comments

• ObliviousSightObliviousSight Join Date: 2012-09-07 Member: 158306Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Starting at 21.00 (9 pm) GMT tonight (13/04/2013) we will be holding a showcase event for many of the community maps that are currently available. There will be remakes of classic NS1 maps such as Caged, Lost and Nothing as well as many new maps that have been made for NS2 such as Jambi, Kodiak, Goliath and Yamal.

Everybody is welcome to attend and we look forward to seeing you there!

Ps. The server info is on the steam group page, http://steamcommunity.com/groups/SCC-P
  • ObliviousSightObliviousSight Join Date: 2012-09-07 Member: 158306Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Just a bump to say that the current rotation for the Spark Crafter Collective server is: caged, chasm, colony, goliath, kodiak, origin, tarvos and uplift.

Any and all feedback on these maps is appreciated by the mappers, so if you have something to say about a map, please go to the relevant thread in the mapping forum.

Also, a big thank you to our regulars who show so much interest in the maps and make the tests alot of fun.
  • HowserHowser UK Join Date: 2010-02-08 Member: 70488Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Retired Community Developer
    Also If you do fancy playing a specific custom map pm one of the moderators on the steam group and we'll get it up and running for you. There's plenty of interesting maps in the works which are fun to play! They may not be the best looking with all the gray boxes but I recommend everyone gives them a go and posts their opinions in the mapping forums.
    Evening all, tonight at 21.00 UTC (30 mins from this post) we will be running ns2_mamba on the Spark Crafter Collective server for an intensive first time test. Tschoppo ( the map author) will be present, so if you are interested come along and help point out every little flaw!
  • SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Let the next level gaming guys know, they have a custom map server that I enjoy.

Also: typing "annotate blahblah" into console puts a message on any custom map for the mappers to use.
  • HowserHowser UK Join Date: 2010-02-08 Member: 70488Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Retired Community Developer
    edited August 2013
    Hey there again! just a quick note to all interested (and you should be). The SCC custom map testing group is still going strong!
    Over the next few weeks we're going to push to get more people involved with playing on our sever and keeping you informed about the maps in development.

Daan,one of our group moderators has been working hard to setup a YouTube channel where we post recordings of our weekly sessions on maps. Soon we'll be doing a monthly (or so) custom map round-up which might be a bit more appealing for the wider community. We'll also be adding tutorials for people who want to get into mapping.

Show your support and subscribe to the channel.
    Also feel free to request any maps by contacting one of the moderators through the group page.

Thanks!
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    You know its on my favorite list.
    But I shant be there today I think, plans...
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    I think I will try this when I am back from vacation.