ns2bans.com - name and shame goes there, not here

12345679»

Comments

• XaoXao Join Date: 2012-12-12 Member: 174840Members
    edited August 2013
    NS2 Aim bot and Wallhack

Anyone got information on this hook being used in this video? pls PM, an upload by sl8 in another forum comes back dead and I hate thinking.

edit: Is that also the NS2 Diamonds server in US? I can't recogonise any names in there and the FRAPS blocks some of the name. And fuck embed.
    kk20 wrote: »
    Im not keen on a game posting random screen shots back. Play in a window? Is it going to post the rendered screen? Window? Desktop with bank account website open? I seem to recall issues with punkbuster doing this (americas army?). If is is just ns2 render then it wont catch injected overlays hence the need for full framebuffer.

A SS is all that's needed to catch the most common wall hack being used blatantly by so many people I don't even know which servers are worth joining anymore, PB fucked itself in so many more ways then attempting to take forced SS, shit I didn't even know PB did SS, I thought it scanned memory and memory only.

IronHorse wrote: »
    See that VAC notification on the loading screen every time? Yeah.. Its enabled and working, and many hacks have been submitted to them since November 2012. What they do with it after that is on them, and at their pace.

To put that in plain English, not a single hack has been blocked by VAC. Specifically not the one with 13.5k views that's clearly being used for multiple (horrible) aimbot releases as well.
  • joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    Wait... VAC blocks hacks? LOL News to me.
  • dePARAdePARA Join Date: 2011-04-29 Member: 96321Members, Squad Five Blue
    I love it if people using this shit on ns2stats servers. BANNED
  • RustyRusty Canada Join Date: 2013-07-02 Member: 185850Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver
    Xao wrote: »
    NS2 Aim bot and Wallhack

edit: Is that also the NS2 Diamonds server in US? I can't recogonise any names in there and the FRAPS blocks some of the name. And fuck embed.

Yes, the NS2 Diamonds Server is in Philly, USA
  • ezekelezekel Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173589Members, NS2 Map Tester
    edited August 2013
    No anti-cheat can really top high-knowledge admins

The only game recently that's been good at banning people in black ops 2 (which is a terrible game) and people think it's a magic anti-cheat but it's not. Here's how it works

1) You get reported by players for cheating (I get reported a lot)
    2) The game runs an invasive disk IO scan for processes and etc (when this is occuring you will begin to stutter in-game, this only occurs in-game)
    3) If nothing 'obvious' is found then a employee of the company spectates you playing and if they see obvious cheating you receive a ban, if not you continue forward

Surprisingly it kept the game pretty clean, compared to previous terrible game of rehash duty console no pc support garbage which were filled with cheaters, I only really encountered one guy who was walling and it's extremely easy to beat a waller who isn't actually good at the game. But point is I only encountered one person cheating compared to when you'd find two or more every single match for ten straight matches

Anyway, the end-note is; admins are pretty much better than anti-cheat systems.. I personally have never played a game which had an automated anti-cheat actually take down cheaters, and I don't think there is many cheaters playing ns2 at all.. I've seen 1 waller, and two aimbotters over the course of like 500 hours (and I believe the aimbotter was the same person) also I knew they were cheating the instant I died to them; didn't even spectate. And turns out I was correct they were botting, both banned as well :P
  • ResRes Join Date: 2003-08-27 Member: 20245Members
    edited August 2013
    ezekel wrote: »
    I personally have never played a game which had an automated anti-cheat actually take down cheaters,

I played one game that had an automated anti-cheat system that actually took down cheaters..... That was Team Fortress Classic in which a player made a system called Punkbuster, it was first used in TFC and it actually took some cheaters down back then. Now there are so many problems and work arounds for Punkbuster that it's terrible.

The absolute best "anti-cheat" system I've seen used was also in TFC , in which another player actually made hacks for the game. However, this hack also logged when someone was using it. When the player that made this hack released the log list of everyone who used it and time/date stamped when they joined a TFC server with it on...... that was quite a day in that game.
  • Super_GorgeSuper_Gorge Join Date: 2013-03-22 Member: 184212Members
    ezekel wrote: »
    I personally have never played a game which had an automated anti-cheat actually take down cheaters,

Never played a recent source game? Some people on Steam have posted seeing people banned in game by VAC.
  • joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    edited August 2013
    VAC picks up most freeware cheats, so when you see a vac ban on someone's profile, you can assume they are an idiot. The ones people actually pay for are made to specifically to bypass VAC...
  • shonanshonan Join Date: 2013-01-28 Member: 182562Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    VAC + PunkBuster together with a streaming service PBBans works pretty well for Red Orchestra 2.

And this would be great for NS2 if it is actually used.
  • dePARAdePARA Join Date: 2011-04-29 Member: 96321Members, Squad Five Blue
    There is no really need for things like punkbuster in NS2 atm.
    Cause NS2 has no cheaterproblem like CoD and other shooters.

You have to report hacks to punkbuster and thats exactly what ns2bans.com is for.
    My fingers are bleeding of scrolling the endless list of spotted cheaters: http://ns2bans.com/comlistguest.php
    And over the half of the positive detections are the same person.
  • RustyRusty Canada Join Date: 2013-07-02 Member: 185850Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver
    edited November 2013
    Ezekel said it right.
    " No anti-cheat can really top high-knowledge admins "

According to a website that sells aimbots - there is quite a waiting list for an ns2 aimbot. There is one out there currently functioning. However these aimbots have to be pretty well designed to get past the watchful eye of a solid admin.