Unknown Failure preventing me from joining any server. *Solved

SebSeb Melbourne, AU Join Date: 2013-04-01 Member: 184576Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Retired Community Developer
edited April 2013 in Technical Support
This problem started in Build 244 where I wouldn't be able to join a server due to an error that booted me out to the main menu. This only occurred on certain servers and certain maps. These were usually servers with mods installed, ie NS2Stats etc, and also servers with nsl variants of maps installed and running. Other map variants and servers worked. The prompt that comes up has stayed the same throughout both builds 244 and 245.
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=138296796

Here is a screenshot of the console as that error occurred.
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=137464716

I tried verifying the game cache after that and I then got the same error but a different console string.
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=137713821

Then through much troubleshooting (ie, verifying cache, reinstalling, deleting individual files, even replacing files from another user) we managed to get a temporary fix in build 244 working by deleting the appdata folder. This would only work for a a couple of loads, and then it would revert to booting me to the main menu and displaying the same console string (2nd one) as above.

Enter build 245 and now I can't join any game at all. I get booted to the main menu again with the same prompt but this time, a different error string.

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=138296770

The difference being that deleting the appdata folder is no longer a temporary fix, its no fix at all. At this point I don't know what to do.
Any help in figuring out what is going on would be much appreciated as I am a regular caster/streamer for the AusNS2.org community and not being able to join games kind of hampers my ability to do that. Again, I have already tried a lot of different ways to try to get this to work but haven't succeeded. If a community member with experience in troubleshooting or a dev can chime in I would be more than grateful.
:)

Edit: Nevermind, fixed the problems with the latest build, however, everything in build 244 was legit, even if it isn't entirely relevant anymore.