Invitational 3rd Place Decider: Godar vs Saunamen Today 20 CEST

ArgoshArgosh Join Date: 2011-01-21 Member: 78474Members, Reinforced - Shadow
Hey folks,
just wanted to give you a heads up for the event happening tonight since I have not seen a news on the ns2 blog.
NSL Invitational Final Games

Remember guys, on 12th the finals will be held live from the ESL Studio in Cologne, Germany with the two teams Archaea and Nexzil.

But way earlier than that, on the upcoming Sunday 7th April at 20 CEST, we have the 3rd decider match.
Godar vs. Saunamen
The winner of this match will receive $ 1,000 !

Godar managed to take two rounds against Archaea in their last NSL game, so I am expecting some great matches!
Makes sure to tune in and tell all your friends.

Game is casted on the official stream right here by blind and wasabione: www.twitch.tv/naturalselection2

Comments

• jewbearjewbear Join Date: 2013-02-09 Member: 182943Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
  • ArgoshArgosh Join Date: 2011-01-21 Member: 78474Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Going live in about 10 minutes. I'm hyped!
  • ArgoshArgosh Join Date: 2011-01-21 Member: 78474Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Stream is over, great games! Not gonna spoiler the winner though. :)
    Catch the replay here: http://www.twitch.tv/naturalselection2/b/387929945
  • GirTurkeyGirTurkey Join Date: 2005-03-03 Member: 43040Members
    I love that a misclick can completely take you out of a game. Beacon needs to be able to be canceled.
  • HughHugh Cameraman San Francisco, CA Join Date: 2010-04-18 Member: 71444NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Great play Godar and Saunamen! As @Argosh said, catch the VOD here: http://www.twitch.tv/naturalselection2/b/387929945

There were some real nail-biting moments in there. Well done to Blind and Wasabi for casting!
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    Why don't you just type check ingame to bring up the stats?
    You can use ns2stats_settings toggle_browser to switch between ingame and steam overlay browser.
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited April 2013
    Omg, you mean I don't HAVE to use that crappy in game browser that NS2Stats was forcing down my throat in its latest version?

EDIT: Is the change permanent, or do I have to do it every time I join a server (with ns2stats).
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    Nup, it remembers.
  • HughHugh Cameraman San Francisco, CA Join Date: 2010-04-18 Member: 71444NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Jekt wrote: »
    Why don't you just type check ingame to bring up the stats?
    You can use ns2stats_settings toggle_browser to switch between ingame and steam overlay browser.

Generally doing so during a livecast ends up being a messy and unprofessional method of bringing up the stats pages, due to the way the ingame and Steam browsers plaster themselves on the screen. Of course, the way it was handled during this tournament was also unprofessional and messy. In previous tournaments I have been more on my game about it!
    Ghosthree3 wrote: »
    ...that crappy in game browser...

Just FYI, the 'crappy in game browser' is effectively Chrome (Awesomium), and therefore calling it crappy is surely a little bit harsh! :D . Naturally it lacks the interface, but that is what it functionally is.
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    I hate chrome...

It's not that it can't browse or anything, and it's great for the news links at the bottom of the menu, but when I'm loading post game stats, I want to be able to hide the window without closing it if I want to go back and forth between it, also it makes sending the url easier.
  • draktokdraktok Join Date: 2013-02-18 Member: 183156Members
    I agree with ghostthree3

also watching
  • _Necro__Necro_ Join Date: 2011-02-15 Member: 81895Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    GirTurkey wrote: »
    I love that a misclick can completely take you out of a game. Beacon needs to be able to be canceled.

Yeah, and when we are on it, lets add a button that rewinds the game 1 minute labeled "I miss-clicked".

C'mon. He made a failure in a crucial moment and was punished for it. I see no problem with that. If he had made this mistake in a less crucial moment it wouldn't have cost them the game. And on the other hand, every failure can cost you the game if you do it in the "wrong" moment.

Every competitive player knows that you can't cancel a beacon. So you have to be careful with it. Blaming the loss on the UI isn't the way. And beside that, it was an awesome moment to watch. Sure, hard for saunaman. But very entertaining.

Btw. both teams played very well. Was fun to watch. Thx to the casters. :)