Ridiculous font

2»

Comments

• FarknutFarknut Join Date: 2013-03-18 Member: 184065Members
    Ironsoul wrote: »
    Well I think I can answer that, they changed the system of how their fonts work fundamentally

No they didn't, they just removed support for .ttf fonts. Bitmap fonts have always been supported.
  • maD_maX_maD_maX_ Join Date: 2013-04-07 Member: 184678Members
    SanCo wrote: »
    See it as reason to stop caring about score and open map instead and go where needed.

Stop hating on scoreboard... If your not hitting tab your ignoring free information...

Ex: hey my entire team is dead maybe I should spawn some eggs...
    Or hmm..
    I see 4 exos and 3 Gl's maybe I should grab a welder...
    Or
    hey that guy is 41-3 maybe ill wait till 2 more skulks join me before feeding him his 42 kill...

If your not utilizing the scoreboard your only handicapping yourself... It's data you shouldn't base your gameplay around k:d but ignoring it is silly and short sited...

• GorginatorGorginator Join Date: 2010-07-03 Member: 72241Members
    MyOwnOwner wrote: »
    1920 x 1080 here at 27" LCD.

It is very exhausting to read the scoreboard with the current font.

The font itself looks nice, but you need to do:

a) increase letter spacing (x 1,25 or so)
    b) increase font size (x 1,5 or so)

Then everything will be better to read.

Agreed.

Also @1 page back. Yeah CRT monitors have a lot of advantages (and disadvantages too) over LCD.

The color is definitely the most noticeable thing (at least last I remembered from my old CRT monitor). (Sadly I had to abandon my CRT monitor because it was making cracking noises... sound like it had potential to implode or something >.>.)

Anyway, yeah font should definitely be made more readable.
  • KhyronKhyron Join Date: 2012-02-02 Member: 143308Members
    Sorry Kouji, I was asking a somewhat pointed question to draw out that there is no inherent relationship between the ctd issue and the font issue. And the ctd issue is the only one with apparent urgency.

I accept that, for whatever reason, they want to remove ttf and replace it with bitmaps. What I can't accept is that UWE's version control system and release management process is so poor that they are unable to easily decouple the font change from the RC. That means someone made a judgement call to permit this through and I think it was obviously a bad call.

What is most concerning to me is that what's being said publicly is that if faced with the same situation again, UWE would do the same thing. The amount of bad will a change like this makes is way out of proportion to the effort required to not include it in the patch.

Sometimes patches are delayed but I'm not saying that at the 11th hour UWE should have held back on releasing this patch. What I'm saying is that the release management process needs maturity. That means key stages identified with windows of opportunity for working out what makes it in to the patch and what doesn't.

For what it's worth, my background is programming and I'm looking at this from an ITIL perspective.
  • mclawlsmclawls Join Date: 2013-03-02 Member: 183556Members
    I uninstalled NS2 today because of this.

Just kidding I'm just bored of the game now, preferred it back in january or so.