Natural Selection 2 Build 244 Live on Steam

123457»

Comments

• YoungTrotskyYoungTrotsky Join Date: 2007-03-09 Member: 60307Members
    Does the balance Mod now account for the fact Arcs seem to fire on Marine Sight?
    That's not a bug, it's meant to be like that. ARCs need line of sight, doesn't matter if it's from a marine, a scan or an obs (i.e. the alien structures are within the obs' radius).

• CrushaKCrushaK Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167195Members, NS2 Playtester
    Does the balance Mod now account for the fact Arcs seem to fire on Marine Sight?
    That's not a bug, it's meant to be like that. ARCs need line of sight, doesn't matter if it's from a marine, a scan or an obs (i.e. the alien structures are within the obs' radius).

From what I heard Sewlek saying, ARCs are actually supposed to only fire from a scan, not from regular LoS.
  • |DFA| Havoc|DFA| Havoc Join Date: 2009-08-07 Member: 68375Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited April 2013
    CrushaK wrote: »
    From what I heard Sewlek saying, ARCs are actually supposed to only fire from a scan, not from regular LoS.

That would be a horrible change.
  • xen32xen32 Join Date: 2012-10-18 Member: 162676Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    CrushaK wrote: »

That would be a horrible change.

I love to put myself in danger and get LoS just to save some tres.
  • tarquinbbtarquinbb Join Date: 2012-11-03 Member: 166314Members
    it's not like the scan is only for the ARC's; it's pretty helpful to find where the aliens are hiding you know.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Arcs "correctly" being able to fire from Los due to ground troops has been in game for some time now. Just fyi