Alien vision default = on?

13»

Comments

• bizbiz Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167386Members
    is the draw distance a bug?

I thought that was the downside to using it...
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    @mattji104 why do you keep reviving old threads? @-)
  • Soylent_greenSoylent_green Join Date: 2002-12-20 Member: 11220Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited July 2013
    WillzZz wrote: »
    That mod could give us back some of the beauty of the game while we're playing 50% of the time. Nevermind the bugs that come along with alien vision like not seeing glass or bile bomb. I love that some are defending those traits as intentional. Sure :P

Alien vision worked like that mod in NS1; it only highlighted marines. The only reason it isn't done this way in NS2 is because "LOL this isn't NS1".
  • MaximumSquidMaximumSquid Join Date: 2010-07-20 Member: 72593Members
    My only issue is that sometimes I don't realize that I have spawned

If my game popped back into Alien Vision mode I would know immediately that I'm back in the saddle
  • DaveodethDaveodeth Join Date: 2012-11-21 Member: 172717Members
    IronHorse wrote: »
    @mattji104 why do you keep reviving old threads? @-)

You want repeat threads about old topics?
  • FrozenFrozen New York, NY Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72228Members, Constellation
    @IronHorse

Honestly, I just have a lot of time at work this summer
  • lwflwf Join Date: 2006-11-03 Member: 58311Members, Constellation
    wiry wrote: »
    It should remain off, but I think that if you have it on when you start an evolution it should remain on when the evolution is finished.
    Better NS2 does this.
    Paajtor wrote: »
    Chris0132 wrote: »
    There's very little reason to turn it off so I tend to play the entire game like that. Except, amusingly, for when the horrible graphics get too much for my eyes and I turn it off to get some relief.

Less crappy alien vision graphics would be nice.
    That's why I would love to have an Alien Vision like this getting white-listed.
    It looks so much nicer, has less strain on the eyes.
    I had the mod loaded for some time, but came accross only 1 server which allowed for the use of it. :(
    Type b_vision on a Better NS2 and you can enable minimal alien vision (currently the only alternative setting added).

http://www.gameserverdirectory.com/search.php?q=&game=natural-selection-2&tags=better