Random cyst chains disconnecting?

Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
Weird bug since latest build (or two), sometimes, at random, cysts half way down a chain will just disconnect, they're still in range, they just turn on "unconnected" mode, replacing any cyst in the chain fixes it.

Comments

• CrushaKCrushaK Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167195Members, NS2 Playtester
    Yeah, I've been getting this as well.

It's really weird. Seems to take the game several seconds to "notice" that a cyst is not connected (despite being clearly in range of another one).
    In other instances does it keep a cyst that is clearly unconnected active and allows you to keep cysting in that direction, just to remind you a couple of seconds later that the chain is still unconnected and then keeps killing the cysts that you placed at the front - wasted res basically.
    In other instances does it not recognize that there is another cyst linking to a cyst after the one it was previously relying on got killed.

There is definitely something fishy going on in the most recent builds.
  • KhazeKhaze Join Date: 2006-12-12 Member: 59031Members
    I have noticed this aswell, though most of the time it's because a cyst was lost somewhere, but the chain remains connected to a hive through another route. It's as if the chain only keeps track of the last known route, and if it's lost, they disconnect, even though they're still actually connected.

I think? I haven't paid that much attention to it.
  • ExoskelettExoskelett Join Date: 2012-12-18 Member: 175509Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    jep noticing this nearly almost every single game
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    CrushaK wrote: »
    Yeah, I've been getting this as well.

It's really weird. Seems to take the game several seconds to "notice" that a cyst is not connected (despite being clearly in range of another one).
    In other instances does it keep a cyst that is clearly unconnected active and allows you to keep cysting in that direction, just to remind you a couple of seconds later that the chain is still unconnected and then keeps killing the cysts that you placed at the front - wasted res basically.
    In other instances does it not recognize that there is another cyst linking to a cyst after the one it was previously relying on got killed.

There is definitely something fishy going on in the most recent builds.

Yep EXACTLY this, the inverse (which you explained) where cysts stay connected even though they aren't won me a game today, I was able to use a supposedly dead chain at the other side of the map to cyst everywhere and crag/shade so they all stayed alive when they DID disconnect.
  • KopungaKopunga Join Date: 2013-01-10 Member: 178764Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Same here. Sometimes I get it when I place a new cyst that somewhere earlier in the chain the cysts disconnect despite beeing merely out of minimal range to each other.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Yea it's known. Saw it at pax while mentoring commanders.
    "A marine must be axing your cysts"
    Was said a whole two times before I realized what was really going on.
    Short term work around: don't place them near the inner circle