Yeah.... blame it on the commander..

littleevilwolflittleevilwolf Join Date: 2013-01-17 Member: 180231Members, Reinforced - Shadow
edited April 2013 in NS2 General Discussion
ok we had the most of the map, 3 hives 5-7 rts. all the upgrades both hive abilitys and the other ones.. was droping onos eggs and such. the marine had exo, jets, shotgun, ect.
what happened is this guy was going -k/d the whole game. blah blah blah. we had people throwing thier onos down the whole when we lost the 3rd hive to arcs from central. he started geting mad. i was continuing to drop eggs/ what ever i could at the time re-dropped the dead hive. got ono eggs back dropped them. he jump in them and then went skulk on them all. end game calling me a stupid bitch XDDDDDDDDDD.[am a girl am a gamer i do play ns2 i know what i am doing] >.> no. not my fault u cant kill anything. we lost yea cause marines arc/exo rushed use no onos cause no eggs and that one person blaming it all on me [was commanding] when we were being rush i moved the upgrades 3 times all of them and so on any way. i have 400 hours in the game. before u ask nooo i did not cuss back at him i like" how can u blame me i have everything i can do done other than moving the upgrades so u still have them." or supplying healing areas trying to keep onos alive. spike walling when they r chased all i could do.

then he joined the other team just to be on the wining side xD

No naming and shaming on this forum. -Angelusz

Comments

• despairdespair Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165746Members
    did not read.

only bads/people that never comm'd cry its the comm's fault when their team loses anyhow.
  • eliotmateliotmat Join Date: 2002-12-01 Member: 10350Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    It happens. hehe. All it takes is one bad egg to ruin the omelete.
  • joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    >>Alien team gets out-skilled and loses.
    >>Khamms fault.

Some people just rely on faulty logic. Don't take it to heart. :)
  • ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    You were griefed. Take it up with that server's admins.
  • KamamuraKamamura Join Date: 2013-03-06 Member: 183736Members, Reinforced - Gold
    Losing brings frustration and emotional stress. Different people handle stress differently. Some are just cool and get over it, crack a few jokes and play another round. Some just cannot take it, like a child who rather breaks and stomps the toy than to admit defeat. The guy you write about was one of them. Nothing much to do in a pub game... just crack a few jokes and play another game, I guess. Or get accepted to some clan and play on private servers where certain level of manners and skill is guaranteed.
  • littleevilwolflittleevilwolf Join Date: 2013-01-17 Member: 180231Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited April 2013
    Kamamura wrote: »
    Losing brings frustration and emotional stress. Different people handle stress differently. Some are just cool and get over it, crack a few jokes and play another round. Some just cannot take it, like a child who rather breaks and stomps the toy than to admit defeat. The guy you write about was one of them. Nothing much to do in a pub game... just crack a few jokes and play another game, I guess. Or get accepted to some clan and play on private servers where certain level of manners and skill is guaranteed.
    already in a clan tho its a "clan" not a real one its a group of friends with the clan tag WE4 xD i cant wear mine cause of the nick name cap but i like to play pub sometimes too. but i always forget there r some of those "rotten eggs" out there
  • SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Every time it's the guy with negative KDR. I don't get it, I'd have to be failing on purpose to get a negative KDR. I'm wondering if they are trolling on purpose on those occasions.
  • MestaritonttuMestaritonttu Join Date: 2004-07-29 Member: 30229Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    I don't ever get blamed for losing anymore, unless I really make a mistake.

Every whine I get I chop and slice and dice into pieces and show exactly WHY I wasn't the one to blame.

Is great fun.

Using a mic and keeping your team on track why you won or lost a battle or made an exchange is one great way to avoid confusion later on.
  • CrushaKCrushaK Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167195Members, NS2 Playtester
    You will get this thread locked faster than a bag full of possums if you insist on calling specific players out in the forum like you do with that screenshot.
  • AngeluszAngelusz Harmonic entropist Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18072Members, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester
    CrushaK wrote: »
    You will get this thread locked faster than a bag full of possums if you insist on calling specific players out in the forum like you do with that screenshot.

QFT. Since I'm feeling generous, I left your little rant online, but I removed the image.

It's harsh when people blame others for their own faillure. My way of dealing with it? Tell them it's sad to blame others just 1 time, and shrug it off/ignore them afterwards.

• Samus1111111Samus1111111 Join Date: 2012-08-07 Member: 154930Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    This is where I thank the devs for the mute option.
  • FrothybeverageFrothybeverage Join Date: 2003-02-15 Member: 13593Members
    @Samus1111111 I wish mute also muted requests.
  • Super_GorgeSuper_Gorge Join Date: 2013-03-22 Member: 184212Members
    joshhh wrote: »
    >>Alien team gets out-skilled and loses.
    >>Khamms fault.

Some people just rely on faulty logic. Don't take it to heart. :)

I do find it odd that people blame a Commander for their own lack of tactical/strategic skill. Almost every Alien turn around I've seen was orchestrated from the bottom, not from the Com.

Aliens just need to remember that a gorge-onos-lerk/skulk/fade three person combo if done properly can quickly take down the power in a poorly defended marine base. Merely because marines are hitting one area hard does not mean you have to match them strength for strength there. In fact, I tend to shy away from massive battles like that as it means somewhere a Marine base is ripe for the taking. Trading a lone RT area for tech point base is well worth it.
  • amoralamoral Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177250Members
    This is where I thank the devs for the mute option.

sometimes I wish I could mute the comm, but that'd be disastrous. learn to ignore
    ok we had the most of the map, 3 hives 5-7 rts. all the upgrades both hive abilitys and the other ones.. was droping onos eggs and such. the marine had exo, jets, shotgun, ect.
    what happened is this guy was going -k/d the whole game. blah blah blah. we had people throwing thier onos down the whole when we lost the 3rd hive to arcs from central. he started geting mad. i was continuing to drop eggs/ what ever i could at the time re-dropped the dead hive. got ono eggs back dropped them. he jump in them and then went skulk on them all. end game calling me a stupid bitch XDDDDDDDDDD.[am a girl am a gamer i do play ns2 i know what i am doing] >.> no. not my fault u cant kill anything. we lost yea cause marines arc/exo rushed use no onos cause no eggs and that one person blaming it all on me [was commanding] when we were being rush i moved the upgrades 3 times all of them and so on any way. i have 400 hours in the game. before u ask nooo i did not cuss back at him i like" how can u blame me i have everything i can do done other than moving the upgrades so u still have them." or supplying healing areas trying to keep onos alive. spike walling when they r chased all i could do.

then he joined the other team just to be on the wining side xD

No naming and shaming on this forum. -Angelusz

grammar is a lost art.
  • draktokdraktok Join Date: 2013-02-18 Member: 183156Members
    Sometimes it is the comms fault, though.

Not always, but sometimes.

IE whipping up hallways when no GLaunchers have hit the field... and we still need other things built... or dropping 5 or 6 crags on one hive before upgrading what that hive was supposed to grant us... going shade hive first when rines rushed shotguns... I mean, understandably it's situational, but sometimes Khamm choices aren't choices from God and they do make mistakes sometimes.

Usually more subtle and less gamebreaking than a 1/15 skulk is, but can still inadvertently loss the game for you.
  • IronsoulIronsoul Join Date: 2011-03-12 Member: 86048Members
    I couldn't understand this post. Sorry, I haven't a clue what the problem is.
  • Madd0gMadd0g Join Date: 2012-12-24 Member: 176116Members
    So you met an idiot online,who tryes to hide his own lack of skills by blaming someone else.
    And you decided to make a hole thread about?
    Are you like new to the internet :P
  • littleevilwolflittleevilwolf Join Date: 2013-01-17 Member: 180231Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited April 2013
    Madd0g wrote: »
    So you met an idiot online,who tryes to hide his own lack of skills by blaming someone else.
    no been on the internet for a long time i get amazed sometimes at the amount of idiots

• _Necro__Necro_ Join Date: 2011-02-15 Member: 81895Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Madd0g wrote: »
    no been on the internet for a long time i get amazed sometimes at the amount of idiots

I know that feel, bro.
  • ZaggyZaggy NullPointerException The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-12-10 Member: 24214Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Onos, Subnautica Playtester
    ScardyBob wrote: »
    You were griefed. Take it up with that server's admins.
    What he said.
    Also, please use punctuation.
    .-. i didn't know this was being graded as my English homework.
  • WakeWake Join Date: 2003-03-05 Member: 14351Members, Constellation
    Get ready to get blamed, or don't command.
  • _xrs_xrs Join Date: 2013-03-16 Member: 184020Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    edited April 2013
    I think I know which game you were talking about. This was yesterday on my server, [FX] -24 slot?

The issue was, that your oni weren't working well enough together. They kept going in one after the other, which meant our exxos had no problem taking them down. If they had all gone for a surprise attack, we would have been done for. There were numerous times where people weren't paying attention, and repair was left empty.

If anyone gives you grief, let an admin know and we will help you out as best we can.
    .-. i didn't know this was being graded as my English homework.

yeah, it detracts somewhat from your gripe about player maturity, when we need to decipher your post. From where I stand, your OP, your grammar, and your diction make it sound like a schoolyard shouting match. you should probably realize that given the large number of returning players from NS1, of which I am unfortunately not a member, there is probably a disproportionately high number members of this forum who are in their mid to late 20s early 30s. I cannot speak for all of them, but I know i very much appreciate full sentences... at the very least.
    Off topic: I'm assuming that English not the OPs original language.

On topic:
    Yep.
    People are jerks, especially on the internet.

yes, that Must be the problem... terribly insulting assumption. you'd be astonished how poorly some native english speakers write. incidentally, i am well aware that my capitalization is inconsistent at best and nonexistent at worst. i'm lazy, also, i contain multitudes.
  • sotanahtsotanaht Join Date: 2013-01-12 Member: 179215Members
    edited April 2013
    despair wrote: »
    did not read.

only bads/people that never comm'd cry its the comm's fault when their team loses anyhow.

There are plenty of ways for a comm to lose the game for their team. Sometimes it IS the comms fault. This case of course doesn't sound like one of them, the only thing I question is the use of crags/shifts/shades/whips/drifters or lack thereof, since nothing about it was mentioned in the OP.
    amoral wrote: »

yes, that Must be the problem... terribly insulting assumption. you'd be astonished how poorly some native english speakers write. incidentally, i am well aware that my capitalization is inconsistent at best and nonexistent at worst. i'm lazy, also, i contain multitudes.

So assuming someone with particularly bad English doesn't speak it natively is an insulting assumption? You would rather the alternative, that we assume the person speaks English and is simply lazy and or uneducated, because that seems a hell of a lot more insulting to me.
  • john_wesleyjohn_wesley Join Date: 2013-02-28 Member: 183445Members
    I only blame the com when they go shade hive first.
    amoral wrote: »

The alternatives were laziness, or stupidity.

I figured "Second language" was less insulting.