'No Commander' bug and in-game chat text length error

RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
Two quick bugs to report.

1) If you change teams after the team you're joining has a commander and the countdown is going, it says 'No Commander' - the scoreboard doesn't list who is commander, but there is still a commander.

Here's a screenshot showing what I mean:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=136291001

I have had this happen several times, but admit I haven't checked to see whether the server was running any mods... It lasts for the entire round.

2) When you type a text chat in game, when you hit Enter to send it to everyone, the last character is missed off the sent message. I *think* this works on any server but haven't double checked locally. Just a 'while I'm here' thing really :)

Cheers!

Roo

Comments

• dragonmithdragonmith Join Date: 2013-02-04 Member: 182817Members, Reinforced - Diamond
    Have had the same issue, just was not sure what was causing it.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    First one is known, second one sounds like a familiar bug, but different. (the beginning was being cut off)
    Are you running any mods? if so uninstall and unsubscribe from them, and then try a local server. Some menu mods etc can still influence your text input.
  • RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    IronHorse wrote: »
    First one is known, second one sounds like a familiar bug, but different. (the beginning was being cut off)
    Are you running any mods? if so uninstall and unsubscribe from them, and then try a local server. Some menu mods etc can still influence your text input.

K thanks, will test second one tomorrow. Is there a handy place for me to find out whether a bug is known or not before posting here? I don't want to waste your time!
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Try searching I guess.
  • RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Gee, thanks Ghost... I meant is there a public known bug list?
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    I meant that is the only "handy place for me to find out whether a bug is known or not before posting here", gee, thanks for the reply.
    Okay back on topic.

@Ironhorse:

I have tested the in game text chat length on a local server with no mods running.

On both teams and spectator, in all-game or team chat, if you type in the following (the max limit you can type):

"This is a giant wall of text that no-one in game can really be expected to read."

then hit enter, you will get the following said:

"This is a giant wall of text that no-one in game can really be expected to read"

The final character isn't coming through.

Screenshots to prove it (why did I do this?!) can be found here:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=136638817
    and here:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=136638825

Roo

@Ghostthree3 sorry I thought you were being snyde, eg 'LMGTFY'