In-game server browser killing connection

rockypockyteriyakirockypockyteriyaki Join Date: 2013-01-11 Member: 178937Members
Hi

I quit playing NS becouse it is KILLING internet connection (zero recieve-transmit) for 1-2 minutes of time if I try to refresh server list. Or sometimes it instantly kills internet connection while im trying to browse servers. By killing I mean zero transmit recieve. after sometime (after I quit ns2) my connection becomes normal. this is fucking annoying ppl. Like I said I quit playing it becouse of this. Please help if how to solve it.
PS: I can't use lan cable, I must use wireless adapter to go online, I don't have any other choice.

Comments

• rockypockyteriyakirockypockyteriyaki Join Date: 2013-01-11 Member: 178937Members
    and I play worse netcoded games like arma II I got zero problems playing anything. only ns2.
  • hozzhozz Join Date: 2012-11-20 Member: 172660Members
    Could this be your internet router box crashing because of too many connections?
    This often happens with server browsers, lots of servers and cheap routers (like ones you get from your internet provider).
  • turtsmcgurtturtsmcgurt Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165456Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Goto your steam friends, click the "Friends" word at the top left, goto settings. Downloads + Cloud, lower your "Game Server Browser: max pings/minute". It'll take longer to load servers on the browser, but it shouldn't crash your connection. You'll want to favorite your regular servers so they're quicker to pop up.
  • rockypockyteriyakirockypockyteriyaki Join Date: 2013-01-11 Member: 178937Members
    thanks man im trying right now
    edited March 2013
    @turtsmcgurt thanks but its same man. I decreased connection count to lowest. same thing again. rx-tx resets itself keeps at 0 for some time.

@hozz router is cisco, its not some cheap bullcrap router. wireless antenna also have top notch atheros chipset. It has nothing to do with that man. I can use this connection with 1000global connections at torrent.

Goto your steam friends, click the "Friends" word at the top left, goto settings. Downloads + Cloud, lower your "Game Server Browser: max pings/minute". It'll take longer to load servers on the browser, but it shouldn't crash your connection. You'll want to favorite your regular servers so they're quicker to pop up.

after restarting steam this worked. server browser doesn't crash anymore. thanks