Help with missing file light_flicker_01.cinematic

WakeWake Join Date: 2003-03-05 Member: 14351Members, Constellation
No way I can load mineshaft anymore :
Error: Couldn't open file 'cinematics/environment/light_flicker_01.cinematic'

Can someone upload this file that should be here? : \\Valve\Steam\steamapps\common\Natural Selection 2\ns2\cinematics\environment\light_flicker_01.cinematic

Thanks

Comments

• rwsrws Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2013-01-05 Member: 177696Members
    That file really isn't relevant to being able to load the map or not. Could you please post your log file here when you try to join a server on mineshaft.
  • WakeWake Join Date: 2003-03-05 Member: 14351Members, Constellation
    Sure, exemple :
    Build 243 Steam initialized Render Device: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 280 (6.14.11.9745) Sound Device: Realtek HD Audio output stereo Record Device: Realtek HD Audio Input Loading config://ConsoleBindings.json Loading config://FavoriteServers.json Main Menu Initialized at Version: 243 Steam Id: 1038256 Connecting to server 213.246.42.39:30015 Loading config://ConsoleBindings.json Loading config://FavoriteServers.json Loading 'maps/ns2_mineshaft.level' Error: Couldn't open file 'cinematics/environment/light_flicker_01.cinematic' Building pathing mesh for level maps/ns2_mineshaft.level

PS: I cheked game's local file integrity, no error
  • rwsrws Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2013-01-05 Member: 177696Members
    Most of the time when you get an error that involves not being able to open a file, it's due to mainly it being a file to something that is not currently used in the public build, say something related to new content for example.

IDK why it's that you are only having this problem in relation to that map, which makes me think there is more to it than just that. I want to make sure that this is only happening with this map, as well as making sure it's not happening in specific to one server.

In the meantime the only thing I can suggest is to delete your cache folder, which is located in AppData > Roaming > Natural Selection 2, and go from there.
  • WakeWake Join Date: 2003-03-05 Member: 14351Members, Constellation
    Thanks, deleting the cache folder worked (\Documents and Settings\%user%\Application Data\Natural Selection 2\cache)

I can't say if it happened only on that map but it happened on mineshaft whatever the server (I made some test on different servers running mineshaft)

Thanks for your help !