Nuclear Silo - idea for the new weapon for Marines

rageFTWrageFTW Join Date: 2013-03-23 Member: 184246Members Posts: 1
Hi,
this is my first post here. I also didn't know where exactly I should place this thread so I decided to make it in Fan-Fiction site.
Okay, let's get to the business :). I have an idea for UWE to add new weapon/building for Marines. This is my concept of this:
- Commander can build it as a normal structure, but you need at least two "chairs" for that. It will be quite expensive.
- Function of Nuclear Silo (ideas, choose which one are better):
+ Can generate power for other structures in area like a battery for turrets
+ It dosent let build a cysts in vicinity
+ It could also produce a radiation which wound aliens
+ Nuclear weapon (bomb) which cost a lot to detonate by comm, but destroys everything in room. I'm thinking to use it in a late games as a sneaky nuclear drops in aliens bases :P.
I have no artwork concept, but maybe somebody will share my enthusiasm :).

I think UWE could also make a new toy for marines, gas masks, to defend against lerk gas. Cost would be the same like a welder :) avaiable in armory.
Cheers! :D

Comments

• AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff Posts: 2,130 mod
    Nah, too potentially powerful/abusable. (EVERYTHING IN A ROOM?! Even marines? Herp derp khermander, hop in, blowest up thine nuke!)
    Send me a private message if you need me to kill someone "help" with anything.

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, “You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.” - George Carlin.

Youtube Channel for Sydney Music
  • IkeIke Join Date: 2013-03-04 Member: 183661Members Posts: 19 Fully active user
    I dont think we need gas masks.
    We already have fm against lerks gas.
    Poor lerks, they have problem in late game and if we adds this...x_x
    AurOn2
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff Posts: 2,130 mod
    gas sucks enough as is, the lerk has such a subtle diet, and it cant fart enough gass to kill marines efficiently. and it's very tiring.
    Send me a private message if you need me to kill someone "help" with anything.

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, “You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.” - George Carlin.

Youtube Channel for Sydney Music
    Nordic
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow Posts: 4,662 Advanced user
    edited May 2013
    AuroN2 said:
    the lerk has such a subtle diet
    The nutritional value of a marine just is not high enough. The lerks get their iron requirements from the armor though, lots of it.
    From my perspective UWE has been trying to both with what little resources they have given to the game. They don't have an AAA budget, let alone an indie game budget. They have the budget of a game that has been out 6 years. I want to say, don't half ass two things, whole ass one thing. I just don't think they have the resources to do it. Unlike many of the people on the forums, I guess I am just happy they are at least trying even though I may not like what they end up doing.
    AurOn2
  • dragonmithdragonmith Join Date: 2013-02-04 Member: 182817Members, Reinforced - Diamond Posts: 429 Fully active user
    Rather than killing everything in a room, why not an EMP effect... it wouldn't be a nuclear silo then however :P

Needs building + charging + if killed could short-circuit power?

Also, lerk spikes could embed in marines and slow them down... (as a silly idea).
    Howser is da BEST!
  • KiloKilo Join Date: 2013-09-01 Member: 187529Members, Reinforced - Shadow Posts: 42 Fully active user
    What this game needs is a lazer gun. How can you be marines fighting aliens in space with no pew pew, its just criminal...
  • dragonmithdragonmith Join Date: 2013-02-04 Member: 182817Members, Reinforced - Diamond Posts: 429 Fully active user
    And lo, the thread rises from the dead!
    Howser is da BEST!