*SNIP* now kicking non regulars (lol)

FuleFule Join Date: 2009-06-04 Member: 67683Members
edited March 2013 in NS2 General Discussion
Server name says "no regular=kick", I go in - get kicked. Well, you are losing potentional regular players, good job. And hell no I'm not going on a 20 slot server, I don't even have decent fps on 18 slot servers.
p.s. I rather play on clan servers than on any others where some funny italians with funny accent calls me commandante (no offense)

Don't used these forums for this, either contact the server admins in some way shape or form instead -Kouji San

Comments

• tarquinbbtarquinbb Join Date: 2012-11-03 Member: 166314Members
    i've played on there a few times, then last week i was on there for about an hour - one of the top scoring and top communicating players.

then from the ready room i get kicked for not being a regular :P

wtf do you have to do to be a regular.... i don't know.

anyway, it's their server - so they can do what they like.
  • XariusXarius Join Date: 2003-12-21 Member: 24630Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited March 2013
    This seems like a very arbitrary rule, but yea like tarquin said, its their server.

Too bad, I really enjoyed playing on *snip* servers all the way throughout beta and long after, though I kind of stopped when they started implementing mods that increased server load time and also seemed to adversely affect my performance.
  • joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    edited March 2013
    If they want a regular-only server, why not password it and only give the pass to your 'regular' players? Maybe people just do not like logic.

Also, don't use the UWE forums to call out specific servers. Contact one of the server admins and talk to them. I expect this thread to be locked whenever a mod comes around and sees it.
  • CrazyEddieCrazyEddie Join Date: 2013-01-08 Member: 178196Members
    Admins running servers that are not actually open to the public should use a password, so that they don't show up in the default server list.

It would be the considerate thing to do.
  • SopsSops Join Date: 2003-07-03 Member: 17894Members, Constellation
    I really really wish this game would allow for personal black listing of servers. Find a server run by idiots, just remove them from your server list.
  • thefonzthefonz Join Date: 2011-06-22 Member: 105847Members
    if you kick anyone who is not a regular how do you get any regulars?
  • GorgenapperGorgenapper Join Date: 2012-09-05 Member: 157916Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    thefonz wrote: »
    if you kick anyone who is not a regular how do you get any regulars?

What is the sound of one gorge webbing?
  • ComproxComprox *chortle* Canada Join Date: 2002-01-23 Member: 7Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    If you have any comments, concerns or complaints with how a server is run, please take it to them. I believe the HBZ site is this: http://www.hbz-clan.de/

Locked.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited March 2013
    Nope, thread closed and edited cleaned up...

and outninja-ed :P
This discussion has been closed.