Marines winning all the things

EvisceratorEviscerator Join Date: 2003-02-24 Member: 13946Members, Constellation
243 has improved performance. Marine players with modest computers can finally aim and hit something during an intense battle without their computers turning into goo. And now that the skulk movement code is so hosed, you die 1000 times as a skulk. Played three hours tonight, I didn't see aliens win a single game. It was non-stop roflstomping.

I'm going to play HoTS for a while, this game is not much fun at the moment.

Comments

• XariusXarius Join Date: 2003-12-21 Member: 24630Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    I don't get how people are still complaining about skulk movement, it's really not as bad as some people are making it out to be. Also, don't play on 24 player servers and expect aliens to win, until they resolve the player scaling issues.
  • EvisceratorEviscerator Join Date: 2003-02-24 Member: 13946Members, Constellation
    Xarius wrote: »
    I don't get how people are still complaining about skulk movement, it's really not as bad as some people are making it out to be. Also, don't play on 24 player servers and expect aliens to win, until they resolve the player scaling issues.

I play exclusively on 18 player servers or less. The skulk movement code was modified in 240 because marines were losing 60% of the time and the change helped even things out. I suspect that recent numbers in 243 have flipped this ratio around.

At any rate, it's not fun to play, and that's the most important thing of all, is it not?
  • IronsoulIronsoul Join Date: 2011-03-12 Member: 86048Members
    Skulks feel like bricks. Being a brick myself I'm fairly confident in stating that fact.
  • JCDJCD Join Date: 2005-01-07 Member: 33150Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Don't play on NS2Stats enabled Servers it bugs with the current build, like breaking skulk movement and other things.
  • AngeluszAngelusz Harmonic entropist Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18072Members, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester
    JCD wrote: »
    Don't play on NS2Stats enabled Servers it bugs with the current build, like breaking skulk movement and other things.

Exactly this. It's a known bug in the NS2Stats mod. Until it's been updated; don't join servers that use it.
  • ellnicellnic Join Date: 2010-07-19 Member: 72559Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I wouldnt say all the time. I have won a few games as aliens and been beaten a few times against them, But you're definatly right in that they are having a harder time winning then usual
  • XariusXarius Join Date: 2003-12-21 Member: 24630Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Server admins should really disable ns2stats for the time being, certainly wouldn't want any of the free-weekenders to stumble into these servers.
  • tarquinbbtarquinbb Join Date: 2012-11-03 Member: 166314Members
    i haven't played for a couple of days, but i caught a round on godar twitch stream last night as they were scrimming versus nexzil.

godar won as alien, and godar had a guy actually DC'd as lerk, which i guess delayed his fade by 5+ minutes.

(note: i'm not saying balance is fine, i'm just debunking the "omg its impossible for alien" crap)