please explain this ?

littleevilwolflittleevilwolf Join Date: 2013-01-17 Member: 180231Members, Reinforced - Shadow
gorge hydra unkillable D:< the heck

later took to dual exos on it and it would not die even with no hit points it regend and keep shooting. no crag, no gorge on it. forgot to hit record when we got the exos to "try" and kill it sorry so have no proof of that part. :\ but my friend is my witness to what we saw.

Comments

• Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    We've seen this before. It is the Kharaa evolving into an ascended state, becoming unkillable. It is a very distressing issue and the TSF researchers are working on a solution.
  • ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Looks like a missmatch between the client and server hitboxes for the hydra. Essentially, when you are shooting the hydra, your client predicts the hydras health and armor values from the damage you are doing. However, from the servers point of view, you have been 'missing' the hydra this entire time (i.e. the server thinks the correct hydra hitbox is offset from the one you see), such that when it updates your client, it resets the hydras health back to full. Its a bug that used to happen to certain alien structures, such as shifts, where it was using the 'growing' hitbox rather than the 'grown' hitbox.

Probably caused by a server error or mod. Not a big issue unless you see it happening repeatedly. A quick workaround is to attack the structure with an AOE effect weapon (e.g. grenade launcher or flamethrower).
  • littleevilwolflittleevilwolf Join Date: 2013-01-17 Member: 180231Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    ScardyBob wrote: »
    Looks like a missmatch between the client and server hitboxes for the hydra. Essentially, when you are shooting the hydra, your client predicts the hydras health and armor values from the damage you are doing. However, from the servers point of view, you have been 'missing' the hydra this entire time (i.e. the server thinks the correct hydra hitbox is offset from the one you see), such that when it updates your client, it resets the hydras health back to full. Its a bug that used to happen to certain alien structures, such as shifts, where it was using the 'growing' hitbox rather than the 'grown' hitbox.

Probably caused by a server error or mod. Not a big issue unless you see it happening repeatedly. A quick workaround is to attack the structure with an AOE effect weapon (e.g. grenade launcher or flamethrower).

was not just me was whole marine team could not kill it
  • tharthar Join Date: 2012-12-26 Member: 176293Members, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Yup I can confirm it too, saw it at least two times, both in docking.
  • ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    was not just me was whole marine team could not kill it
    Likely means its an issue with the server. Are you seeing this issue on other servers?
  • littleevilwolflittleevilwolf Join Date: 2013-01-17 Member: 180231Members, Reinforced - Shadow